News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

2017-09-05 Forum theme problems

Started by Isaac Eiland-Hall, September 05, 2017, 06:23:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Isaac Eiland-Hall

About a year ago we had some issues with simutrans.com. In trying to figure that out, I registered a temporary domain name and parked it on top - and changed some admin settings to point to it. I let that domain expire, and didn't realize I hadn't changed the settings back, so they were pointing to a domain that no longer existed. Oops!

Fixed. Sorry about that! If you notice anything else wrong, please let us know!

Ters

I have seen another broken image URL. It is in one (or more) of the "messages" that randomly appear to the right in the header (but below and to the left of the search box). At least a message saying something about the search attempts to have some sort of smiley that uses another "strange" TLD, but it doesn't work.

Lmallet

I was one of the three people using the "Simutrans" theme which is still broken.  Switching back to the default theme is not a problem, maybe consider removing it instead of fixing it?

DrSuperGood

Might be time to point out that none of the message writing toolbar buttons work in Microsoft Edge. It has been like this since Windows 10 was released pretty much.

By toolbar buttons I am referring to the ones like Bold, Italic, Underline, Strikethrough etc which when pressed should surround the selected text with appropriate tags. None of those buttons, including the smiles, work at all.

Isaac Eiland-Hall

Quote from: Lmallet on September 09, 2017, 07:31:20 PM
I was one of the three people using the "Simutrans" theme which is still broken.  Switching back to the default theme is not a problem, maybe consider removing it instead of fixing it?

I think I may have fixed it. The database still referenced forum.simutrans.space, which I updated to forum.simutrans.com

Quote from: DrSuperGood on September 09, 2017, 08:42:08 PM
Might be time to point out that none of the message writing toolbar buttons work in Microsoft Edge. It has been like this since Windows 10 was released pretty much.

By toolbar buttons I am referring to the ones like Bold, Italic, Underline, Strikethrough etc which when pressed should surround the selected text with appropriate tags. None of those buttons, including the smiles, work at all.

Well, this may be a browser vs SMF thing. :(

Do you visit any other SMF forums? If so, is it unique to us?

DrSuperGood

Quoteis it unique to us?
Google search shows it being a common problem with Simple Machine Forum. There is apparently something like a null pointer java script error which is the cause. Seeing how this is using SMF 2.0.9 with the SMF site listing the latest stable as 2.0.14 with latest unstable as 2.1 Beta 3 I am guessing an update might solve this.

Lmallet

Isaac Eiland-Hall