News:

Simutrans Forum Archive
A complete record of the old Simutrans Forum.

Developer effort

Started by jamespetts, December 22, 2008, 11:41:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamespetts

I have very recently started getting involved with the source code of this project, and have been extremely impressed by just how hard that the developers work on Simutrans: there seems to be a new version or two in the SVN every day or so. That sort of dedication to a project such as this is extremely impressive, especially when it is done entirely for free, and for the benefit of so many people keen on having some fun on a computer (and, really, Simutrans can be very fun). Prissi in particular, I think, puts in an enormous amount of effort into this project, and all those fond of Simutrans owe him a great debt of gratitude for the enormous amount of hard work that he does for all of us.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Roads

I have not looked at the source code yet and can only imagine but the image I conjure up terrorizes me.  Well, when I think about actually trying to change something...

I agree that all of us who enjoy the game are indebted to prissi and everyone else who works on it.  I think my New Year's resolution (and generally I hate those things) will be to create a prayer for their health.  I guess I'll call it the Prissi Prayer. :)

gauthier

It must be a very hard work it's sure ...
Thanks to them ;)