News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

Trains getting stuck, number of trains equal number of stations

Started by bahner, October 28, 2014, 04:43:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bahner

Hi.
Please help me a little regarding trains.

I have a train connection, simply a round course. Only one direction, no crossings, connecting all citys.
This track has 5 stations and no signals.

When I order 4 trains they work but on one station the trains always have to wait for clearance. The continue when the train at the next station is finished.

Question 1: How can I tell the train to continue immediately? No waiting for clearance for the next free train station but start even the next train wasnt even there?

When I order 5 trains they always get stuck. The next station is never free then.
Question 2: How can I get 5 or more trains with 5 train stations to work?

pak128, newest version

Ters

You need to look into signals. From your description of things, regular signals should be all you need. Even old tutorials should cover them.

gauthier

Quote from: Ters on October 28, 2014, 04:54:47 PM
You need to look into signals. From your description of things, regular signals should be all you need. Even old tutorials should cover them.
indeed, look here.

DrSuperGood

I would advise placing simple stop signals with a spacing of twice the maximum convoy length around the track. The issue you have is that all signalling blocks are occupied so the one train must wait for a free block. With 5 trains your line will deadlock as no blocks are free ever. With the appropriate signalling spacing you could get 10 or maybe even 20 trains on the same line.