News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

Random exports from pak96.comic

Started by Václav, December 05, 2013, 09:45:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Václav

Recently user ramanagi asked for using of objects of pak96.comic in pak192.comic.

It is not well possible due to different scale.
But without regard of it, I decided to show you two buildings.

Two buildings were made as extensions for railway stations (but they are usable as extension for any else station, of course). As they were made, difference in scale could be acceptable, because it is (probably) not well visible.

In attachment you have two images. Uncut sheets. It is needed to prepare menu icon and cursor - and process it with TileCutter. Surely you may improve it as you need.

If I will prepare next objects where difference in scale could be irelevant or not well visible, I will publish them in this topic.

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní

Leartin

In my opinnion, they would fit in just fine, except for the fact that the lights are two floors high. If this is twice the size of the original pak96 graphic, the original lights might be the better choice.
And, personally, I don't like that you'd have to drive over the walkway to get to an asphalt parking ground again, but that's a program issue, not pakset depandent... we for a station extention, we might create a "fake crossing" like station, which would allow to graphically represent the way a car could take to the parking ground.

Just to clarify what Ramagani meant: He himself is not quite that advanced at pixeling, so to him, it might be easier to edit a pak96 graphic which was scaled to twice the size then creating from scratch.
In my opinnion, it could work, I tried it myself with the rocket platform. The result was this:

In my opinion, this is a nice graphic even for pak192 size, and more details could be added later. I don't think I could have done it from scratch in the same amount of time. However, knowing that pak96.comic is not dead, I will not try to get graphics which I feel are iconic to it (like the rocket) in another pak. Seems not right to me.

Václav

Quote from: Leartin on December 06, 2013, 12:31:47 AM
In my opinion, they would fit in just fine, except for the fact that the lights are two floors high.
Those old lamps have lanterns in height of 1 floor - in original scale. It is almost right. Just take a look on some such lamps.
Those new lamps have light in height of 1,5 floor - in original scale. It is a bit higher, but not much.

If this is twice the size of the original pak96 graphic, the original lights might be the better choice.
It is - but change is in your hands.
All I can do is, that I will prepare multi-layer XCF file. In GIMP any changes of heights of lamps could be a bit simplier.

And, personally, I don't like that you'd have to drive over the walkway to get to an asphalt parking ground again, but that's a program issue, not pakset dependent...
I originally thought about making walkway a little elevated at least in part along side touching railway stations. But really, if you would take a look on some parking lots, you could see that that cars go over walkway in process of achieving of parking place, sometimes.

Just to clarify what Ramagani meant: He himself is not quite that advanced at pixeling, so to him, it might be easier to edit a pak96 graphic which was scaled to twice the size then creating from scratch.
I wrote in that topic, where he asked for it, that there is different scale. And so, in most cases, any change may be very difficult.

Václav

I know that transfer of city buildings (res, com, ind) and factories from pak96.comic to pak192.comic is almost impossible due to different scale, but however, situation in transport buildings (mostly bridges) is situation much better.

I don't know what is situation with bridges in this pakset, so I would like to offer export of my bridge that I create for pak96.comic. All you would neeed is, change track (and re-colour).

Its source for pak96.comic is available in board of pak96.comic. But still it is only testing version. So, there you may see how it is assembled.

And now you can have own copy of that bridge. I attached it into this post, both neccessary files.

1. Pay attention to name of referenced png file (inside dat file is written different file than is attached in this post).
2. You may call it as you want and change dat file in any way - excepting you let me as (primary) author.

If you will find something that may be changed on my side (excepting track and shading), just write it.

Final version available. Old version deleted from attachment.

And by the way, beware of half-height parts of bridge (but of some them looks better).