News:

Simutrans Forum Archive
A complete record of the old Simutrans Forum.

Pak128.Britain-Ex 2016-11-26 - buildings have their data messed up?

Started by Borek, November 26, 2016, 04:09:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Borek

I downloaded the new pak from 26 November recently (from http://server.exp.simutrans.com/) as well as all the necessary files from Devel-new-builds there - newest exe from 2016-11-13 (version B) and other game files (zip from 2016-09-12 available there).

All this setup worked pretty fine with the older british pak128 (somewhere from September 2016 I believe), but now I get some trouble with the timeline and not only:
- I can place only railway stables when using the timeline, regardless of the year. With timeline off I can place any depot however.
- some signalboxes like ETRMS control centre, Underground power signal cabin or Power signalbox are available in every year, as well as some industries (like Supermarket) and some town houses - they have things like "appears from 1224 until 3165" or "from 4 to 3931" in their info windows,
- some quantities or distances for some buildings are really weird, for instance: small mechanical signalbox has a radius of 1024000m and signal capacity of 1537, bulk goods bunker can take 40961 and so on, almost every building data is distorted in such way. And I'm using default settings like meters_per_tile and so on.

All those things were good in the older pakset, but now they're like this. I wonder if it's solely on the pakset side, or maybe I should not use this exe and files with this new pakset.

BTW, is there a way to download the older pakset somewhere? Looks like I got careless and overwritten it with the newer one. ^^'

jamespetts

This is not an issue that I can reproduce with the version that I compile myself. May I ask whether anyone else has had this problem?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Rollmaterial

You need the latest .exe. It has something to do with the new engine types.

Borek

I'd love to get it, but I don't know how. Guess I'll just wait until it shows up somewhere or until I gather enough willpower to compile it myself.

BTW, I think I found this older pakset (0.8.3) on the blog so I'm gonna stick to it for the time. ;)

Vladki

There may be an error in the published version. I'll have to clean up and recompile again.

EDIT: Recompiled both paksests (british, swedish), and linux binaries. Also simutrans-files.zip is updated (config, translation texts). Please download and check again.

Borek

Wow, that was fast! Now everything works nice, thanks a lot.  :D