News:

Simutrans Tools
Know our tools that can help you to create add-ons, install and customize Simutrans.

Employment data?

Started by jamespetts, November 06, 2017, 11:20:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamespetts

May I ask - does anyone know where one might find reasonably accurate statistics on  the per worker productivity of the industry types seen in the pakset (farms, fisheries, factories, power stations, shops) over the course of the last 300 years or so? I am finding these data quite hard to come by (I think that I have got it for arable/grain farms and some manufacturing industry, but not for fisheries, markets, forestry, livestock farms or small scale manufacturing), and it is rather important for balancing.

If anyone could possibly assist with this, it would be much appreciated.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

zook2

Not sure if it's helpful, but there's the online annex to Capital in the 21st Century, by Thomas Piketty:

http://piketty.pse.ens.fr/en/capital21c2

Try the Technical Appendix, it contains links to spreadsheets with the actual data. I just took a brief look at it and it's all about macroeconomics and not differentiated by industry. You might find some of the statistics useful though, but perhaps only for a more general understanding and/or modeling of Britain's economy since 1700.

Be aware that there are *tons* of statistics, this is only the index from one of the many data files:

Summary Macro Variables
Table UK.1: National income and private wealth in the UK, 1855-2010 (annual series)
Table UK.2: National income and private wealth in the U.K., 1700-2010 (decennial estimates)
Table UK.3: Economic growth, population growth and price deflators in the UK, 1700-2010
Decomposition of Wealth Accumulation
Table UK.4a: Sources of private wealth accumulation in the UK, 1700-2010 - Additive decomposition
Table UK.4b: Sources of private wealth accumulation in the UK, 1700-2010 - Multiplicative decomposition
Table UK.4c: Sources of national wealth accumulation in the UK, 1700-2010 - Additive decomposition
Table UK.4d: Sources of national wealth accumulation in the UK, 1700-2010 - Multiplicative decomposition
Table UK.4e: Sources of government wealth accumulation in the UK, 1700-2010 - Additive decomposition
Table UK.4f: Sources of foreign wealth accumulation in the UK, 1700-2010 - Additive decomposition
Table UK.5a: Accumulation equation for private wealth in the UK, 1855-2010 (annual series)
Table UK.5b: Accumulation equation for national wealth in the UK, 1855-2010 (annual series)
Table UK.5c: Structure and accumulation of government wealth in the UK, 1855-2010 (annual series)
Table UK.5d: Accumulation equation for private and national wealth in the UK, 1700-1913 (decennial estimates)
Table UK.5e: Structure and accumulation of government wealth in the U.K., 1700-2010 (decennial estimates)
Structure of National Wealth
Table UK.6a: Structure of national wealth in the UK, 1855-2010: private wealth vs government wealth
Table UK.6b : Structure of national wealth in the UK, 1970-2010: net corporate wealth and net foreign asset position
Table UK.6c: Composition of private wealth in the U.K., 1970-2010, % of national income
Table UK.6d: Composition of private wealth in the U.K., 1970-2010, % of private wealth
Table UK.6e: The structure of national wealth in the U.K., 1700-2010 (decenial averages)
Table UK.6f: The changing nature of national wealth in the UK, 1700-2010
Table UK.6g: Structure of national wealth in the UK, 1929-2010: net public-sector corporate wealth and corrected national wealth
Table UK.7: Balance sheet of the Bank of England, 1810-2010
Structure of National Income
Table UK.8: Structure of national income in the UK, 1855-2010: national income vs gross domestic product
Table UK.9: Structure of national income in the UK, 1855-2010: decomposition by production sectors
Table UK.10: Structure of national income in the UK, 1855-2010: profits & wages in the corporate sector
Table UK.11a: Structure of national income in the UK, 1855-2010: capital & labor shares in national income
Table UK.12b: Structure of national income in the UK, 1700-2010: savings, investment and external balance
Table UK.12c: Structure of national income in the UK, 1700-2010: private vs government savings
Table UK.12d: Structure of national income in the UK, 1700-2010: private vs government investment
Returns and Prices
Table UK.15a: Price and return indexes in the UK, 1700-2010 (annual series)

jamespetts

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Spenk009

I've found http://www.nber.org/chapters/c1567.pdf, which has UK numbers from 1840 to 1960 in a variety of industries. These are found on page 3 and I believe represent numbers in the thousands.

Then, http://www.bahs.org.uk/AGHR/ARTICLES/48n1a4.pdf features agricultural worker numbers on page 6.

I seem unable to find actual output numbers on very early sources, although extracting somewhat usable numbers could be possible from these sources.

jamespetts