News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

Planes only fly in one direction

Started by alexbaettig, February 28, 2011, 07:18:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alexbaettig

I have a strange problem:
If I try to send a plane from the bottom of the map to the top it says "no route". But from top to bottom works fine. The same is true for left-right/right-left. I have had this problem ever since I changed from Windows to Mac. I hoped that with the version 110 this problem had been solved but this has not happened.

Ah and oddly enough the problem can be "solved" by turning the map! ???

Thanks in advance

VS

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

alexbaettig

No. It happens on small maps as on big maps...

Zeno

Uhm... sounds strange. Do you have any signals on the taxiways? It happened to me yesterday something similar while playing with one-way signals in airport, in order to combine different runways. I can't think of anything else at the moment :-/

DirrrtyDirk

Is the airport maybe close to the border of the map?

***** PAK128 Dev Team - semi-retired*****

alexbaettig

I had at first signals on the taxiways but then removed them as I already thought it could have something to do with it. The problem persists.
As to the closeness to the border: it depends on your definition of close – I think 15 tiles should suffice...

Dwachs

Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

alexbaettig

Ehm, odd question: It is by far to big to put it as an attachment. Do you know a filehosting service I could use?

Dwachs

Dwachs

Txiways should not be connected to end of runways. Dont ask me why, after connection taxiway to middle tile of runway, the plane flies again,

alexbaettig

Thanks very much, now it works perfectly.

On the other hand is there a tutorial for the construction of airports? Could be helpful.

gwalch

French Elements Creator :
-By Rail with trains and trams : X3800 Picasso and BB36000 Astride - trams from Nantes, St Etienne, Strasbourg, Montpellier, Lyon, Bordeaux, Le Mans, Reims...
-By Road with Trucks : Main painter for the "french trucks company", with trucks from 50ies (Willeme "Squale Nose") to 2000 (Renault AE500 "Magnum) and a lot of trailers... and with Trolley and Buses : Irisbus Cristalis, Man Lion's City, Irisbus Magelys...
- Industry : Collaborator for french food with Wine and Cheese...

Colin

Does'nt need to be exactly in the middle. two - three tiles from the end will suffice and look better than being stuck in the middle.
My appologies to Dwachs.
I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it

Thought for the day

When you are up to your backside in alligators, it is difficult to remind yourself that your initial objective was to drain the swamp.

Combuijs

QuoteOn the other hand is there a tutorial for the construction of airports? Could be helpful.

See the starter's guide: http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=1239.0
See the reference manual: http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=726.0

Both are a little bit out of date (102.0 version), but most of it still holds true.
Bob Marley: No woman, no cry

Programmer: No user, no bugs