News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

Private message limitation

Started by Zeno, December 05, 2011, 09:41:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeno

I can't use private messages any more... there's an error saying I've exceeded dunno what limit.

Is there a limit? Which kind of limit? It may be my fault, but if there was a limitation there probably I should know something about... shoudn't I? ???

VS

To test things a bit more, I added you to group "can send PM"...

I think you should be free from the limit on amount of PMs. Although, there might be a limit to how may you can send per hour.

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

greenling

Zeno
its Possible that the mann how you what write a Pm he have a full Pm box!
Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!

Zeno

It might be that, VS... now I've been able to send one. I'll keep an eye on this anyway.
Btw, I'm not sure how useful is a per-hour-limitation... I tend to answer all of my PMs (if any) in a row, despite there aren't a lot of them most of the times.
Obviously such a limitation would prevent a potential spammer to send a bunch of PMs at a time, but... well, that.

Isaac Eiland-Hall

The intention, with SMF2, is not to limit them. So there may be some problem somewhere - like the forum being set to Albanian for most people...

When I checked the permissions - It's set so that forum members have no limitations that I can see; yet obviously, there were problems sending PMs. So.... it's a problem, not a decision. :)