News:

Simutrans Chat Room
Where cool people of Simutrans can meet up.

Introduce yourself to the community

Started by IgorEliezer, January 26, 2009, 04:06:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeno

Welcome both to the Simutrans community!
Hope you enjoy Simutrans as much as we do :)

werl

I never knew how diverse this place was until today.
welcome to the two of you
C:\dos
C:\dos\run
run\dos\run

idan44

When playing Simutrans, building a train or roads we must remember that Gilad can't do it for 4 years...

werl

I personally am fairly new to the forum, but i have been playing for several months before I signed up.

If you want to start to try to make addons, I have some usable templates and example and template .dat files. I can sent it to you by e-mail if you give it to me.

also check my question "adons helt" (notice spelling). there are some good sites. ;D ;D
run\dos\run

gauthier

If you need some help to make your addons, don't hesitate to send me a mail ;)
I draw pixel-art but I can definitely not do anything in 3D  :-X
However I can help for .dat files  :D

NakedFury

This whole community stinks of pure godly awesomeness and never before seen sharing of talents. Gotta step up my skills, both in game and in technical to be part of the smell.

Lukewarm

Hi guys,

I got a tip off about this game a couple of years ago from dutch lad, I used to Football Manager online with.

I have been playing on and off since then, but have put a lot of hours in this month!

Cracking game and without doubt the best "free" game I have come across on the internet.

Hats off to you,

Lukewarm.

Spike

Thanks for the praises, and welcome to the forum :)

gauthier

Hope Simutrans will stay free ;)

Actually very good free games quickly become sharewares ...

VS

In that case, no danger is imminent - Simutrans has been around for 12 years and got only more free with age :)

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

werl

Quote from: VS on March 08, 2010, 08:18:40 PM
Simutrans has been around for 12 years
12 years :o. wow, I didn't think it was that old. personally I thought 5 years tops.
run\dos\run

vilvoh

From simutrans.com development section..

QuoteSimutrans started as a hobby project of Hansjörg Malthaner (Hajo) in 1997. Since that time, the game grew from the simple program of one man, to a great project that has its own life and community of supporters and contributors.

Since 1997 and still kick'n, werl ... ;D

P.S: you have a short summary of simutrans development here.

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

werl

The actual graphics and game-play really haven't changed much.
run\dos\run

Lukewarm

I have just read the development summary. Very interesting.

gauthier

QuoteThe actual graphics and game-play really haven't changed much.

I don't know for pak64 but I played with pak128 with Simutrans 84 and I see that graphics had changed a lot  :o

JPdude612

O HAI! I'm new here and I really like the game. My Simutrans game has both pak64 and pak128 and I just gaze in awe at the addons people make........Wish I was that good..... Anyway, Hi!
Yes, I am half Japanese.

http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=5071.0 my hondajet

vilvoh

JPdude612

Yes, I am half Japanese.

stmaker

I'm a fellow Simutrans player who knows how to transport passengers and goods. Also, I am a beginner of making buildings. (It's quite tough since I make on Paint.NET and I don't know how to use the freaking Blender.)

I usually now use Pak.128 with some addons (from addons.simutrans.com and others like my store). I am quite successful in the goods. Passengers, I use buses, trains... it's good.

mod note: post merged, as it's a presentation comment that should go in this topic
~vilvoh
Version using: Simutrans v111.0
Paks: pak64, pak96.comic, pak128 openr582, pak128.Britain, pak128.Japan, pak192.comic
Using: Paint.NET, Paint, Photoshop, SketchUp
Future Addon(s): Building (Link)
Current Addon(s): Eye-See Mart and Several Building addons  Ask me any questions. I'm free.

JPdude612

Quote from: STransMaker on May 21, 2010, 10:37:19 AM
I'm a fellow Simutrans player who knows how to transport passengers and goods. Also, I am a beginner of making buildings. (It's quite tough since I make on Paint.NET and I don't know how to use the freaking Blender.)

I use Paintbrush (Mac version of Paint, Paint.NET, Paint.exe, ETC.) for my first vehicle and planning on using it for a building.I don't get how to use blender either, your  not alone in that, BUT, I import into it for rendering. that doesn't mean anything, does it?

And Welcome!
Yes, I am half Japanese.

stmaker

Quote from: JPdude612 on May 22, 2010, 12:53:21 PM
I use Paintbrush (Mac version of Paint, Paint.NET, Paint.exe, ETC.) for my first vehicle and planning on using it for a building.I don't get how to use blender either, your  not alone in that, BUT, I import into it for rendering. that doesn't mean anything, does it?

And Welcome!

Thanks for welcoming me!
Paks: pak64, pak96.comic, pak128 openr582, pak128.Britain, pak128.Japan, pak192.comic
Current Addon(s): Eye-See Mart and Several Building addons  Ask me any questions. I'm free.

Wofic

Hello!  ;) I've been playing since yesterday. I am also kinda good at LUA and I am trying to make a minimalistic pakset,  :P (Like PakContrast but with GREEN (not grey) ground.) but I'm terrible at pixel art and need help making the last four pictures.  ??? (I made the diagonal ones first)

vilvoh

@Wofic,STransMaker and JPdude612:

Welcome to the community guys! for those who don't know how to use Blender: don't worry at all! pixel art is your way then. Take a look at pak96.comic to discover what you can do only using painting programs. Blender is just another tool to create stuff for Simutrans but it's not the only mean.. ;)

Wofic

Thanks! :)
Where do you get those EPIC :P Simutrans signature pictures? (I spell things out)

vilvoh

stmaker

Quote from: vilvoh on May 22, 2010, 05:32:05 PM
@Wofic,STransMaker and JPdude612:

Welcome to the community guys! for those who don't know how to use Blender: don't worry at all! pixel art is your way then. Take a look at pak96.comic to discover what you can do only using painting programs. Blender is just another tool to create stuff for Simutrans but it's not the only mean.. ;)

Thanks for welcoming me. :D

PS: Do you use GIMP? Do you think it's the best?

MoTw

Quote from: STransMaker on May 23, 2010, 12:17:56 AM
PS: Do you use GIMP? Do you think it's the best?

I use GIMP and it is missing completely nothing. You can do great pictures with it. It might be a bit complex at the beginning, but not as Blender etc.
world is like a parachute: it works better when it's open
whenever you feel lost and alone, always remember your calculator is something you can count on
pak96.comic addons

stmaker

Quote from: MoTw on May 23, 2010, 07:30:06 AM
I use GIMP and it is missing completely nothing. You can do great pictures with it. It might be a bit complex at the beginning, but not as Blender etc.

Blender :thumbs down:

vilvoh

Agree with MoTw, GIMP is the best painting program you can get for free.

Gouv

Quote from: STransMaker on May 23, 2010, 10:35:13 AM
Blender :thumbs down:
Care to explain why?
As I see it, Blender is one of those rare Programs, that requires some reading before start.
It doesnt follow the common concept "left click - select / right click - context menu", but thats about it.

If you still want to try Blender and got Questions about it, please start a new Thread and we'll continue there.

JPdude612

Quote from: vilvoh on May 23, 2010, 10:55:05 AM
Agree with MoTw, GIMP is the best painting program you can get for free.
It is, but it goes too slow on my compy
Yes, I am half Japanese.

The Hood

Blender does take a while to learn, but it is very powerful.  It also helps people like me who can't draw make many graphics for simutrans.  But it isn't the only way.

Haric

Hi friends...I am Haric from Australia and i am a newbie in forums work..i am feeling very glad to join forum work..I am here to share my thinking and opinions to all of my visitors in this forum site.... :-*