News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

[11.35] No chemical or steel production in late years

Started by Etgfrogs, August 16, 2015, 08:10:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Etgfrogs

All forms of steel production begins to close down in 1990 and all forms of chemical production close down in 2005. This ends up breaking majority of the industry production chains.

jamespetts

Hello and welcome to the forums; thank you very much for reporting this issue.

Firstly, this is not a bug with Simutrans-Experimntal so much as an issue with the pakset, so I have moved this to the appropriate subforum. The issue is that the industries are intended to close down to simulate industrial decline in the UK between about the 1970s and the present day. I do intend at some point to replace some of the closed down industry chains with imports, but this will require an entirely new feature, which will have to wait some considerable time for a large number of other higher priority issues to be addressed.

I wonder whether there should be some adjustment of the pakset in the meantime to allow some of these industries to remain, albeit rather fewer of then?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

kierongreen

There's certainly still some production of both steel and chemicals in the UK, so regardless of whether the majority comes in via imports there should still be some industries for these in the pak.

jamespetts

That is a good point; I should remove the retirement dates on these industries, I think.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Etgfrogs

Yea, my apologies for not placing it in the right area. I'm only thinking that before imports could done properly, just have a structure that generates steel and chemicals over time. Something like an import warehouse?

DrSuperGood

UK is world famous for Chemicals.

Just because the government in real life was stupid does not mean industries have to close in a game.

jamespetts

I think that I shall have to adjust these slightly so that industrial decline does not mean complete obliteration. Thank you for your feedback.

Edit: I have now amended the code for the next release so that there are versions of the steel mill, oil refinery and iron ore mine that have no retirement dates.