News:

Simutrans Forum Archive
A complete record of the old Simutrans Forum.

How to get Simutrans-Experimental [Deprecated]

Started by jamespetts, April 12, 2009, 03:33:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamespetts

Welcome back!

I think that Prissi must be right - I suspect that Simutrans is showing up as a possible threat because it is capable of acting as a server. The only thing to do is add an exclude rule to your anti-virus software, I think.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Jando

For your information: downloaded the complete package with the new release 11.00 from the link provided in the first post. Trying to run Simutrans-Experimental.exe I get an error message that file pthreadVCE2.dll cannot be found.

jamespetts

Thank you for the report - I have re-uploaded versions with this included.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

asaphxiix

it seems that in the new 11.6, msvcp110.dll & msvcr110.dll are required rather than v100 in the previous simutrans ex.

jamespetts

Thank you - now re-uploaded with the correct files.

transporter

Just so you know, none of the Mac binary links work. I've tried with multiple version links including a couple on other threads but they all fail

jamespetts

Thank you - duly noted. I have asked the person who does the compiling to send me another copy so that I can host it myself.

Bob

I'm trying to use simutrans experimental,
but I'm missing MSVCR100.dll.
Please can you help

jamespetts

Install this if you are using 32-bit Windows, or this if you are using 64-bit Windows.

I have yet to work out what pre-compiled package still requires the 2010 redistributable packages...

Bob

Thanks
But now it says  it was unable to start (0xc0000022)
if you can help thank you

jamespetts

Try downloading this package for the 2012 redistributables. Also, did you copy all of the .dll files in the .zip file into your ~/simutrans directory?

Bob

Ive done that but when I moved all of the .dll files to /simutrans it says I cannot use it because the .dll files are missing.
And The Redistributables don't help it.

jamespetts

Hmm. Are you running the 64-bit or 32-bit version of Simutrans-Experimental? (The 64-bit version is simutrans-experimental-x64.exe).

Bob

Im Running the 32 bit Version but my computer is a 64 bit computer, I use the 64 Bit Version and it comes up with the same error

jamespetts

Thank you for letting me know. Can I just check: have you installed both the 2010 and 2012 MSVS redistributable packages that I linked, and installed the 64-bit versions of both?

If so, then this is a not entirely straightforward problem that will need you to install a software utility called "dependency walker" to give me the information that I need to help you to solve it. The ultimate problem is a missing .dll file, but the tricky part is trying to find out which one is missing.

Bob

Thanks It is working. I just needed to install the 2010 package

jamespetts

Ahh, splendid, glad that it is working for you now.

MCollett

Quote from: jamespetts on April 12, 2009, 03:33:32 PM
Latest version

[...] The latest set of the configuration files for Simutrans-Experimental was released on the 20th of July 2013. [...]

Configuration files

[...] Here is a set of configuration files for Simutrans-Experimental. [...]

« Last Edit: Today at 12:47:21 AM by jamespetts »

The configuration files linked to are dated 29th May 2012, not 20th July 2013.

Best wishes,
Matthew

zook2

Just a small wish: could you put the version number in the file name, as in "Simutrans-Experimental 11.16.zip", please? We could do that ourselves, but it would save everyone who wants to keep older versions for testing or to revert to an older version a few seconds of time. Thanks!

dave

Hi there,

Just downloaded the new experimental version, but i get the error MSVCP110.dll is missing on your computer (which runs Windows 8.1)
Do i need to get this file somewhere?
Thank you for your help.

jamespetts

Dave - welcome to the forum and to Simutrans-Experimental. You will need to download the Microsoft Visual Studio redistributable package, which can be found here. I hope that this helps - happy playing!

dave

Great! It's working now! Thanks! And for the welcome! I've been around a few years, but i forgot about that too ;)

jamespetts

Splendid - glad that it is working for you.

zook2

Hi James, I missed the past couple of updates since 11.21 and I'm curious about what has changed since then (knowing that might help with reporting bugs or strange behavior, too). Is there a complete changelog anywhere?

jamespetts

The best place to look for a consolidated list of changes for release versions is the commit list on Github for the master branch.

Vladki

Hi I see that there is no fresh version for Linux. I have compiled latest release of simutrans-ex for myself - Linux 64-bit. If anybody is interested you can get it here: https://uran.webstep.net/~vladki/simutrans/simulinux-ex.zip

Perhaps moving it to some more official place would be better.
I can do the 32-bit verion as well, and update it when new release will be out.

killwater

Ahh a new release... That would be uber mega super hiper cool...  Just saying...  :P

jamespetts

I see that I have not spotted these replies for some months: my apologies. That is very helpful, Vladki, thank you.

NoMorePacers

I recently got a new, much more powerful pc with Windows 10 installed. I've installed Simutrans Standard fine, but with Experimental, it says "MSVCR110.dll" and "MSVCP110.dll" are missing even after I install MS Visual Studio 2012... any advice?

jamespetts

May I suggest that you install the Visual Studio 2015 redistributable packages? Recent versions have been compiled with Visual Studio 2015.

I am hoping to set up cross compiling soon, which will produce a nightly executable that does not need these downloads.

NoMorePacers

Thank you very much! The game runs like a dream!

jamespetts

This topic should now be considered deprecated.