News:

Use the "Forum Search"
It may help you to find anything in the forum ;).

Increasing passenger volume

Started by fuzion_051, September 01, 2008, 12:41:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fuzion_051

Are there any ways of increasing passenger volume in the game? (Aside from simuconfig, w/c I'm not sure if it can do)

I'm using version 100

thanks..

yoshi

You need to help growth of cities by carrying passengers, mails, and goods. If you are too lazy to do so, please use public service to increase the city population.

wipi35

Two possibilities:
Use the +100 button in the public service menu.
Add citybuildings using the citybuilder tool. Now you have complete control on the type of buildings.

vilvoh

The mail does not increase the passenger level? I mean, puting mailboxes in the places you want to increase the passengers flow does not increase it?

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

Zeno

In v99.17.1 (and some previous) there was this line in simuconf.tab:

##################################industry stuff#################################
# passenger generation (default is 16) Smaller values means less passengers
passenger_factor=16

Isn't it in v100?

Magpie

Quote from: Zeno on September 01, 2008, 03:53:44 PM
In v99.17.1 (and some previous) there was this line in simuconf.tab:

##################################industry stuff#################################
# passenger generation (default is 16) Smaller values means less passengers
passenger_factor=16

Isn't it in v100?
Yes of course it is still in version 100.0. But to get it work it must be changed the value in both simuconf.tab: first in the ~/simutrans/simuconf.tab and in the second one located in ~/simutrans/pakfilefolder/config/simuconf.tab.

jbode

Quote from: fuzion_051 on September 01, 2008, 12:41:31 PM
(Aside from simuconfig, w/c I'm not sure if it can do)

yes certainly, "just" have a full transport network ... I think its a matter of patience playing with pak64 my games had been profitable after maximum 2 game years, with pak128 its more like 5-10 game years. At a certain point there are many passengers ...

Regards

Jörg

DirrrtyDirk

@Randrag:

It should be enough to change the setting in ~/simutrans/pakfilefolder/config/simuconf.tab since these values should overrule those from ~/simutrans/simuconf.tab

***** PAK128 Dev Team - semi-retired*****

Magpie

Quote from: jbode on September 01, 2008, 06:20:55 PM
yes certainly, "just" have a full transport network.
Yes that is right. In simutrans passangers have destinations where they want to go, and if you do not offer a connection to that place they will stay at home. You must join every place with a passanger network ( cities, factory outside cities and tourist attractions).
Some more info:
http://www.simutrans-tips.com/en/tutorials/passenger.php

Quote from: DirrrtyDirk on September 01, 2008, 06:24:47 PM
It should be enough to change the setting in ~/simutrans/pakfilefolder/config/simuconf.tab since these values should overrule those from ~/simutrans/simuconf.tab
You are right