News:

Simutrans Tools
Know our tools that can help you to create add-ons, install and customize Simutrans.

Strings missing in SimuTransLator

Started by z9999, October 26, 2008, 01:49:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

khiro256

One more missing text found.

In way of pak128:
road_040_elevated

VS

Thank you for the report! I have uploaded all pak128 items you listed, and some new ones as well :)

<promote to line> is not for me, though...

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

Dwachs

Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

Kozinsky

In most packs missing section "program_text". For example, I can't find strings like "CATEGORY_01", "CATEGORY_02", etc.
Is this normal? I need it to translate "Simutrans-Experimental" & "Pack128.Britian-Ex".

prissi

Those are pak-set dependent and should be defined in the pak set. Program text are not be part of paks, as those are provided by the program. But experimental may handle it differently, you need to ask this in the experimental section.

Václav

I found that, and it is for quite long time, in SimuTranslator, there are missing almost all strings from new game settings dialogue.

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní

prissi

SInce those are the names from the settings in simuconf.tab, they are not translateable by intention.

Václav

May it be - but then they would deserve at least some translatable description.

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní

Frank

I think missing

Message text

Net wealth less than 10% starting capital!

DrSuperGood

Both pak64 and 128 have missing text, especially English which has the most complete translation.

Using simutranslator is such a pain its hard to push fixes for such.

Frank

Quote from: DrSuperGood on February 26, 2016, 09:47:21 PM
Both pak64 and 128 have missing text, especially English which has the most complete translation.

This is partly because the object name is already English and therefore no translation necessary.

Quote from: DrSuperGood on February 26, 2016, 09:47:21 PM
Using simutranslator is such a pain its hard to push fixes for such.

Object Guide
select the 'set' and the 'language' and 'untranslated' and click below 'Search'

many texts are the missing city buildings and descriptions of factories

while still pak128 City Cars and Trees/Ground Objects

DrSuperGood

This is partly because the object name is already English and therefore no translation necessary.
An object reference code is not an object name. It looks horribly unprofessional.

Object Guide
select the 'set' and the 'language' and 'untranslated' and click below 'Search'

many texts are the missing city buildings and descriptions of factories

while still pak128 City Cars and Trees/Ground Objects
And I will respond the same way I have responded to everyone else who posts this. The objects listed for pak128 in the translator do not match the objects that exist in pak128 (all the way types are missing, only the old identifiers exist for them which are no longer used) and there is no functionality to add objects from what I can see as an anonymous user. How can people even try to translate pak128 into non-English languages using the translator if it does not even let them select all the objects.

Hence why I resorted to manual modification of pak128 en.tab file, which is the only reason why most English names in pak128 are sensible.

Leartin

Quote from: DrSuperGood on March 10, 2016, 05:28:03 AM
there is no functionality to add objects from what I can see as an anonymous user
It can't be done logged in either. Objects can only be changed by maintainers as listed in the set info - for pak128, those are vsys and prissi. The number of mainainers is limited though, there can only be one maintainer and two co-maintainers - hence even I could not change objects for pak192.comic.
There are some other issues as well - eg. you cannot change the object reference (the new ways could probably use the same translations as the old ways, but you would have to copy-paste each entry for each language manually); You can not easily get rid of references no longer in the pak, etc. pp.

I think for everything besides simply adding one translation at a time, you are better off downloading all the translation files in tab format, so you can alter them with search&replace in a good text editor. Then delete everything up there, and upload it all anew. But that's something you need to be maintainer to do.

Frank

Quote from: DrSuperGood on March 10, 2016, 05:28:03 AM
An object reference code is not an object name. It looks horribly unprofessional.
And I will respond the same way I have responded to everyone else who posts this. The objects listed for pak128 in the translator do not match the objects that exist in pak128 (all the way types are missing, only the old identifiers exist for them which are no longer used) and there is no functionality to add objects from what I can see as an anonymous user. How can people even try to translate pak128 into non-English languages using the translator if it does not even let them select all the objects.

Hence why I resorted to manual modification of pak128 en.tab file, which is the only reason why most English names in pak128 are sensible.

The object is for the care Maintainter and 2 CoMaintaintern. If this is not done from whatever reason is not my problem.
If the set people ignore the Translator, which applies to almost all, that's not my problem.

I have people sometimes noted.

But if the answer is we do not have time (similar to the Wiki) that is me sometime matter. Disinterest is also have an interest.

Clarify that please within their forums of set and not here.

Quote from: Leartin on March 10, 2016, 07:41:39 AM
There are some other issues as well - eg. you cannot change the object reference (the new ways could probably use the same translations as the old ways, but you would have to copy-paste each entry for each language manually); You can not easily get rid of references no longer in the pak, etc. pp.

this is work

And the CoMaintainter can set from Maintainter.

So there is an internal problem with you if they can not agree on competent people.

Quote from: Flemmbrav on October 09, 2015, 06:32:08 PM
... - am besten wäre dann natürlich, wenn man einfach dats einspeisen könnte - aber ja, ich war da recht faul ;-)

Import of Dat alone is possible.

And the Maintainter have it despite two notes still not done it adjust its Set data properly.
open source and Licence

Quote from: Frank on February 06, 2016, 11:35:12 PM
all set maintainter

please adjust the settings of their sets with respect to open source, link to the sources and license

so this is correct can be seen on the website 'Set Info'

for non-existent licenses they share with me please the name and the link to the description
I will add then added so that they are available

Is for the text writing just simply too little interest or time. Similar to the wiki up.

Leartin

Quote from: Frank on March 10, 2016, 08:47:05 AM
CoMaintainter can set from Maintainter. So there is an internal problem with you if they can not agree on competent people.

So you think I would be more competent than any of the current maintainers? Thanks! But the problem is not solved by replacing Flemmbrav with me, that's not how our development team works. Rather than that, would you please create a new Account for "Pak192Comic", mailadress "pak192comic[_at_]gmail.com", as a replacement for flemmbrav as an account solely for administrational work any team member may use (in addition to the private accounts for everyday translations)
If the simutranslator can't handle the needs of it's users it's not that the users have a problem, it's the program. But luckily, using a shared account circumvents that issue completely.

Flemmbrav

Just want to add that the change to get a shared account beeing paksetmainter will be in my favor, so i agree changing it completly.
Would be great :)

Frank

Mouse over stations info - button 'Details' (de)

'Open stations/stop details'

Frank

error message - build dock on corner

"More than one possibility to build this dock found."

Frank

error message

Bridge blocked by way below or above.

and Landscape Settings

lake

Frank

make stop public (or join with public stop next) costs %i per tile and level

the text was changed to

Make way or stop public (will join with neighbours) % times maintainace

or the text is new

happy5214

New pak64 object "Saenfte" is missing. It translates into English as "litter" or "sedan chair".

Edit: As is pak64 food addon vehicle "Horsefishtankcariage".

Frank

Quote from: happy5214 on June 09, 2017, 10:09:15 PM
New pak64 object "Saenfte" is missing. It translates into English as "litter" or "sedan chair".

Edit: As is pak64 food addon vehicle "Horsefishtankcariage".

imported

HyperSim

program_text (short month names)
Jan., Feb., Mar., Apr., Aug., Sept., Oct., Nov., Dec.

program_text (symbol for "year" or "day" in some language (maybe used only in Asian language))
YEAR_SYMBOL, DAY_SYMBOL

Roboron

The following strings are missing:

From plant tree dialog (and others):
"Climate"
From Display Options:
"Reselect closes tool"
From finances window:
"Show finances for transport types"
From Goods List
"Average Speed"
"Bonus Multiplier"
From vehicle list:
"Available:" (Note: "Available" exists in simutranslator, but I guess is not the same string)
From sound settings (I think these are in the base.tab, just not imported):
"Select soundfont"
"Soundfonts are located in the music directory"
From options:
"Install"
From the install screen:
"Select one or more graphics to install (Ctrl+click):"
"The following graphics are unmaintained:"

Also, relatedly unrelated:

1) Can we make translatable the text that players first see when entering Simutrans ("This is Simutrans...", and specially important text like "For question and support please visit:"). I don't know if it is hardcoded for historical reasons or other.
2) Same question for pak selector. But I understand this is more difficult (and not as important), because right now language selection goes after pakset selection.

makie

Quote from: Roboron on December 19, 2021, 08:36:47 AM
The following strings are missing:

From plant tree dialog (and others):
"Climate"
From Display Options:
"Reselect closes tool"
From finances window:
"Show finances for transport types"
From Goods List
"Average Speed"
"Bonus Multiplier"
From vehicle list:
"Available:" (Note: "Available" exists in simutranslator, but I guess is not the same string)
From sound settings (I think these are in the base.tab, just not imported):
"Select soundfont"
"Soundfonts are located in the music directory"
From options:
"Install"
From the install screen:
"Select one or more graphics to install (Ctrl+click):"
"The following graphics are unmaintained:"
I have added this in the translator and added also German translations.

prissi

The installer cannot be translated, because the translations are only available after a pak is selected.

"Available:" should be "Available". That was a typo from Dwachs recent conversion.

"Reselect closes tool" is "Reselect closes tools"

"Average Speed" is not in the code, "Bonus Speed: %i km/h" is the relevant one. (But somehow this got changed to Average Speed: %i km/h)

So the only one missing is Climates and Install ...

Fixed the typos in the code in r10298. Thanks for investigating.

makie

Quote from: prissi on December 19, 2021, 02:17:18 PMThe installer cannot be translated, because the translations are only available after a pak is selected.

It Works, the Installer can be called after loading a Pakset.

Some funny  :question:
pak128 -> not maintained?
pakHajo -> is maintained?
----------------------------
climates.cc line 139
Quotenew_component<gui_label_t>("Trees");
      tree.set_focusable( false );
      tree.new_component<gui_scrolled_list_t::const_text_scrollitem_t>( translator::translate( "none" ), SYSCOL_TEXT );
      tree.new_component<gui_scrolled_list_t::const_text_scrollitem_t>( translator::translate( "random" ), SYSCOL_TEXT );
"Trees" should be translatable

Roboron

More strings

From enlarge map:
"Map number"
From minimap:
"Show climates"
"Show outline"

makie

Quote from: Roboron on December 19, 2021, 04:40:44 PMFrom enlarge map:
"Map number"
From minimap:
"Show climates"
"Show outline"
Map number is in base.tab but not in translator
attention "Map number: %d"
I have inserted in translator

"Show climates" and "Show outline" is not in base.tab
I have inserted in translator

prissi

"Map number" is "2WORLD_CHOOSE". I corrected the code to use it instead.

Thank you for the thorough work on the translation strings!

Roboron

Yet more strings, this time from build city buildings dialog:

"Month"
"Year"
"Retire Date" (from sort by combobox, there's a similar string in simutranslator)
"auto" (from Rotation combobox)

Also: I doubt "Use timeline for year:" is the correct string in this context.

prissi

One could indeed use the "timeline" string for that button. Done, "Retire date" would have been correct. Thanks again. Sumbitted the hopefully correct string.