News:

Simutrans Chat Room
Where cool people of Simutrans can meet up.

Underground signals (token + absolute block)

Started by Vladki, September 12, 2017, 07:39:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vladki

There is no underground version of token block signal. Also the on-staff box is available only overground. Is that intentional?

Also, was there a color light (and undergoud) version of combined absolute block signal - the one with red and yellow arm?

jamespetts

I have modified the one train staff cabinet to be able to be built underground.

As to token block signalling, I am not aware of any real life example of electric token block signalling being used underground - I cannot imagine how the tablet exchange system would actually work in a tunnel. Are you aware of any examples of this?

As to colour light combined signals - I am not sure whether there were any significant examples of this, as I suspect that proper multiple aspect signalling was introduced whenever this would have been relevant. Are you aware of any significant historical examples of a signal of this type? Presumably, it would not be the same as a multiple aspect signal, but would show two simultaneous aspects?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Vladki

I do not know any examples of either. It was just the demo game that made me think of them. In practice I see no problem with having a token machine placed in underground station (though not in plain tunnel). But I expect that most of the underground lines were double tracked anyway, so tokens were probably not necessary.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk