News:

Simutrans Tools
Know our tools that can help you to create add-ons, install and customize Simutrans.

Narrowgauge track

Started by Bughu Baas, February 28, 2009, 11:36:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bughu Baas

Hi everyone,

How do I implement narrowgauge track? That track type exists both in-game (bonuses in ware list contains n.g.t.) and in dat description (german wiki).
But I fail to put the rails into game. If the waytype is narrowgauge_track, they disappear completly. Waytype=track + system_type=narrowgauge_track results in standart railroad tracks.

How do I make n.g.t. ?

(Narrowgauge with those japanese railroad/metro trains would be a perfect system for a subway, as there is no subway_track)

Malte

Frank

The narrowgauge_track is a separate system.

You must defined a narrowgauge menu in menuconf.tab.

This addon for pak.german is defined to narrowgauge_track. This menuconf.tab not work in other paksets.

Bughu Baas

Danke, Frank!

The narrowgauge track system is working well with one glitch.
I put it into the monorail place (which I do not use anyway), tracks, tunnel, stops, depot, signals all working - except when I click on a stop, then simutrans will crash. Why? Second, how do I change the main menu icon?

Malte

Frank

Quote from: Bughu Baas on February 28, 2009, 02:13:15 PM
... Second, how do I change the main menu icon?

Create a button file and defined the button name by toolbar.

button dat
obj=menu
name=button_narrowgauge
Image[0]=Button-Grafiken_64.0.3

png file

menuconf.tab
Quotetoolbar[0][5]=toolbar[3],button_narrowgauge,,NARROWGAUGETOOLS,narrowgaugetools.txt

Bughu Baas

Danke nochmals!

That worked. So the only remaining problem is the crash when I click on a stop.

"Simutrans has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

Malte

Frank

Quote from: Bughu Baas on February 28, 2009, 02:42:41 PM
... So the only remaining problem is the crash when I click on a stop.

Simutrans version ?

Dats ?

VS

Symbol for narrow gauge stop is missing. Look at some of the attached objects...

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

Bughu Baas

Simutrans 102-2329-2342 with pak128-1.4.4

Dat file content
Obj=building
Name=silrun U-Bahn Halt
type=stop
waytype=narrowgauge_track
enables_pax=1
enables_post=0
NoInfo=1
Dims=1,1,8
Level=4
intro_year=1920
intro_month=1
icon=> bus_stops_ico.2.2
cursor=blank.0.0
BackImage[0][0][0][0][0]=tram_stops_22.1.0
FrontImage[0][0][0][0][0]=tram_stops_22.1.1
BackImage[1][0][0][0][0]=tram_stops_22.1.2
FrontImage[1][0][0][0][0]=tram_stops_22.1.3
BackImage[2][0][0][0][0]=tram_stops_22.2.0
FrontImage[2][0][0][0][0]=tram_stops_22.2.1
BackImage[3][0][0][0][0]=tram_stops_22.2.2
FrontImage[3][0][0][0][0]=tram_stops_22.2.3
BackImage[4][0][0][0][0]=tram_stops_22.3.0
FrontImage[4][0][0][0][0]=tram_stops_22.3.1
BackImage[5][0][0][0][0]=tram_stops_22.3.2
FrontImage[5][0][0][0][0]=tram_stops_22.3.3
BackImage[6][0][0][0][0]=tram_stops_22.4.0
FrontImage[6][0][0][0][0]=tram_stops_22.4.1
BackImage[7][0][0][0][0]=tram_stops_22.4.2
FrontImage[7][0][0][0][0]=tram_stops_22.4.3

(the same code does work for bus, train and maglev stops with the respective waytype - without crash when clicking on it)

Malte

VS

Sorry, I must say it again, with more text :(

When info window for station is opened, there are controls, texts... and two kinds of icons: one for enabled cargo types, and one for station types. Look under the box where you can change stop name.

So you need this mini-icon for narrow gauge, too. That's what I attached - sources for these icons (apart from some other stuff).

Without it, Simutrans will crash.

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

Bughu Baas

Thanks, Vladimir - that was the problem. :)

Next questions:
- My menubutton (main menu) scale up and down with the zoom level. How do I fix this?
- How do I change the cost of a halt? The U-Bahn-Halt from above does cost 2400 (and 144/month), that is way too much.

Malte

VS

Usually there is assignment in form image[]=bleh.0.0; for unzoomable images you must write image[]=> bleh.0.0 (with the one space!).

IIRC capacity, costs and maintenance are linked to level.

Bughu Baas

Thanks again, one problem less - the menu icon doesn't scale anymore.

So how do I change costs and maintenance? Better said, what entry is in simuconf.tab expected? cost_multiply_xxx, where xxx is something I do not know.

Malte

VS

Simuconf definitely not, that is global and would change all items in game related to that setting.

If I am not mistaken, the parameter Level determines capacity, price and maintenance, all in one.

Bughu Baas

Level determines mainly capacity. But somewhere stands a multiplicator for the price, I assume it's cost_multiply_station - which of course also affect a normal railroad stop. A view in the simutrans.exe also show me that there is no narrowgauge-specific multiplier (or it hasn't that name). Bad luck :-(

Malte