News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

no vehicles in garage

Started by cams472, April 10, 2009, 07:53:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cams472

Hi.
I remember playing this game a long time back and was glad to see it's still going. My problem is that the last time I played it I recall things being a lot simpler! I've installed it but cant seem to find out how to buy trucks or buses etc. I build a Garage on a road stub and connect it to the rest of the road system but I can't see how to buy any vehicles.....The lists in the garage are empty. Anyone know what it is I'm doing wrong? Many thanks.

jamespetts

What pakset are you using? In what year are you starting?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

cams472

I'm using pak128.britain_0-0-3_0-101-0 and I'm starting in 1920 I have the buses on this scenario but no trucks etc.

The Hood

That would be because there are currently only 3 buses in pakBritain at present as the pak is still under development.  The first is available in 1932 iirc.  So you can (a) copy all the bus pak files from pak128 into your pakBritain folder (they will work, but won't look consistent) or (b) wait a few weeks until I've drawn some for pakBritain or (c) try drawing yourself.  I wouldn't recommend pakBritain for a serious game quite yet - unless you are happy just using trains and trams to move passengers!  This will change in the next release...

cams472

Ahaaa! That explains it thank you. As I mentioned it's been some years since I played this when all you had to do was download it and play. Which download do I need for a fun game with trucks and buses etc? Your help is very much appreciated.

jamespetts

If you use a complete pakset, you can still just download and play :-) PakBritain is lovely, and will be lovelier when it is complete enough to play fully - I, too, am looking forward to the release of the 'buses and trucks! If you want to play with a complete pakset, consider any of the following:

(1) Pak64;
(2) Pak128;
(3) PakGerman;
(4) Pak128.Japan; or
(5) Pak96.Comic.

(I may have left out some other fully playable paksets, but those are some of the main ones). Do keep an eye on the PakBritain subforum to know when the next version of PakBritain is released!
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

cams472

Many thanks for the help. I thought it was something I wasn't doing right in the game. It's nice to see that even after al this time the game is still being updated and developed.