News:

Use the "Forum Search"
It may help you to find anything in the forum ;).

Question: Road stop extension parking, what's the pupose?

Started by Jando, June 21, 2015, 09:16:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jando

Greetings.

I didn't notice any effect of the road stop extension "Parking", doesn't seem to change capacity or anything else, thus I'm wondering what it's good for, anyone can tell me?

Thanks in advance.

Isaac Eiland-Hall

It's actually not an extension, but a stop. Probably used as an extension, but you can place it by itself.

I just tested, and it has a capacity of 64. I also placed a 32 capacity stop, added it, and the collective stop had 96 capacity.

Also, it does enable goods, amusingly enough, so it could be used as a truck (not bus) stop by itself. :)

Jando

Odd thing Isaac, I placed one as well, but got zero capacity, and no increase when placed as extension. Will test again.

I use the separate halt capacities though, hmm, perhaps has a different behaviour then. Thanks.

Edit: here's what I get

DrSuperGood

The default of pak128 is combined halt capacities. As such using separate halt capacities might produce unexpected/desirable results. The parking space has no type capacity (generic capacity) so can only add to capacities if combined halt capacities are used.

I think the purpose of it is for decoration more than functionality. There are other stops with similar or better capacity and good types.

A possible mechanic change for the game itself would be that when separate halt capacities are used and a stop with no capacity type is used then it adds to all capacities which are available at the stop.

Fabio

The original purpose was to extend coverage area, not capacity, the idea behind being pax parking there in order to reach the bus/tram/train station.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk