News:

The Forum Rules and Guidelines
Our forum has Rules and Guidelines. Please, be kind and read them ;).

Request: Pakset overview -- wiki or web page somewhere.

Started by benjad, April 01, 2012, 06:56:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

benjad

Hi all,

As someone who has dabbled for a long time, but been out of the loop for quite some time, I am really surprised to see how so many of the paksets have developed.  I would like to throw out a suggestion here.  Could we develop a page, that is an overview of each pakset ...   that states where it is in development (playable, unplayable, playable with timeline off... playable from 19xx- 20xx).  Wiki might be best for frequent updates.   I'm still brainstorming the best way to do this...

Also should include what types of transport are included (eg... narrow gauge, maglev, monorail, 'mostly rail', few ships, no air)..   etc.

I'm going to be getting some of the paks myself now... was happily surprised to see how far they have come. 

benjad

Cool.  A few questions...   

1. How accurate/recent are the descriptions?

2. Is there room to expand them.  Eg.  Does the pakset support (production boost, station capacity by good type, aircraft)... etc.

An_dz

1. 100%, they are vague descriptions, just show the main idea of the pak.

2. We might add it, but I think it will be too much info. Maybe you should do a complete list of what you think might be cool to be added.

benjad

Ok, bringing back the dead here, but went to play some today, and ran into the same issue.

http://www.simutrans-germany.com/wiki/wiki/tiki-index.php?page=en_paksets

I know there is some desire to keep different language specific wiki's the same, but I propose to add the following information to each pakset...

Playable range:              (eg, 1860 - 20120, or keep timeline off)
Vehicles available:          (eg, bus, truck, trams, ships, ferry, narrow gauge rail, maglev, monorail, aircraft)

prissi

That sounds quite sensible to me, although some pakset redefine certain vehicles, like pak128 has monorail for Schwebebahn, pak64.japan has shinkasen as monorail coded and pak64.german used narrowgauge for subways.

But anyway, those could be listed as
planes, trains, shinkansen, bus&truck, ships