News:

Do you need help?
Simutrans Wiki Manual can help you to play and extend Simutrans. In 9 languages.

(11.3) Train in wrong line after depot operation?

Started by zook2, January 09, 2014, 03:30:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zook2

11.3 + Pak128BritEx

It's probably not a helpful report, but anyway:

when a new narrowgauge locomotive became available in 1871, I sent over a dozen old trains to the depot. In the depot window, I updated some trains (clicked on the old locomotive, then put a new one in front, then clicked "Start"). After a couple of upgrades, I clicked on the old locomotive of one of the trains and  then on all of its carriages, which were also obsolete. The train thus ceased to exist and the next one in the depot was displayed.

All as it should be, except that this wasn't what I had in mind - I didn't remember which line the deleted train had belonged to. So I went through the list of narrowgauge lines to find out which one was missing one train. To my surprise I found that a line on a different continent (not connected to that depot) suddenly had two trains instead of the one it had had for ages, and that the new one also had a new locomotive. Unfortunately, I didn't check where that new train actually was at the moment.

Then I continued to go through the other lines to find which one was missing a train (because, like I said, I had accidentally deleted one instead of upgrading it). But instead of one, I found two lines missing a train each.

For some reason, one of the new trains was listed in the wrong line. Sorry, I guess I should have saved the game at that point and posted a bug report, but I thought of that only a few minutes later.

Also, I can't reproduce the effect either - I finished buying new locomotives and when I looked at the line management window again, the "teleporting ghost train" was gone, i.e. back to the line where it belonged. I hadn't moved trains to new lines, so the only guess I have is that this was displayed incorrectly only while the new train was still in the depot, waiting for clearance.

It's not much to go on, but maybe it helps

jamespetts

Hmm -very curious. I have not seen anything like this before. If you notice this again and are able to reproduce it and provide steps to reproduce and/or a saved game, do let me know, and I shall be able to look into it. I am afraid, as you had anticipated, there is not enough information for me to debug things with this. Thank you for the report in any event, however; I shall bear in mind the issue raised in case I see it myself.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.