News:

Want to praise Simutrans?
Your feedback is important for us ;D.

New trains

Started by ZBOX, January 17, 2014, 09:16:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZBOX

I was looking to see if there were any more BR train add-ons for the BR128pak and found this image from archive simutrans fourm -

http://archive.forum.simutrans.com/topic/01983.0/02367/br-pak-0.01.PNG

Will the trains in the image ever get added to the BR128pak ?

Cheers.

Junna

Those are included, in revised versions (visible are a 2-HAP, MLV and a 4-VEP). Not sure about the middle one though...

ZBOX

ok, the top one i cannot locate that in the GB128pak (is there are update for this?)

The middle train looks abit like a class 47 swift intercity - shame thats not in the pak.

are there any plans to add more trains to the pack ?

The Hood

The middle one is the class 73 - it's all there. These were the first ever vehicles Kieron drew for the old pak128 British Rail Add-on which eventually grew into pak128.Britain. You can tell the age of that screenshot though because the vehicles are all exactly 1/2 tile long which used to be a condition of all vehicles way back when. These vehicles have of course been rescaled since so they are the correct length relative to each other - they won't look exactly like that screenshot but the liveries are the same. It's all included in the pak128.Britain download (I'm assuming you know it's a full pakset now not an addon to "standard" pak128)?

ZBOX

@the hood

ok no problem, thanks for letting me know, that makes sense, as in pakset, i just installed the pak128 great britain (when i first installed simutrans it asked me which pakset set i wanted, i selected all of them (i assumed they were the full sets).

also do you know if there will be any update's in the future for this pakset ?

Thank you.

The Hood

I haven't released an official version for a long time - mainly because there have been substantial changes to the simutrans game engine such as double height slopes and new climates but there hasn't been an official stable release of this yet (it's only in the nightly version). I'll do a new official release after the next stable exe has been released. The pak128.Britain nightly build has a few additions since the last release and it keeps getting added to, sometimes quicker, sometimes slower depending on how much time graphics contributors have.

ZBOX

Thanks for the information The hood, Look forward to your next release (really enjoy using your great Britain pack so far - really good work)

Just one thing though is it possible the use the 442 trains ? as i can see them in the passenger list but cannot select them ?

Cheers.

ZBOX

Thought i would post this as i could not use the 442 wessex electric trains (i could only see two of the cars in the passenger list) and @the hood when i asked about other trains for this pack you said it was all there, yet i could not find them.

well i feel like a bit of a pleb now, as yesterday i was having alook at the pak192.comic, and installed their BR pack, yet i could not get three of their trains to show up in the depot, until  Flemmbrav and Taurus both said have i electrified the train depot.

I made the dumb mistake of not evan considering that, hence why there trains were not showing, so i thought that must of been the reason why i could not see alot of trains from your pak, and it was, a whole new tab in the depot appeared "electrics" and the 442 train etc.

So apology for asking for more trains before and if they were in the pak, when i made a clear mistake, anyway i was surprised how many extra BR stock was there under electrics, you have your team have done a great job. Much appreciated.

Cheers.

kierongreen

Ah that first picture takes me back!