News:

Do you need help?
Simutrans Wiki Manual can help you to play and extend Simutrans. In 9 languages.

Heigtmap savegame error

Started by nuhgl, November 19, 2017, 12:26:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nuhgl

I am trying to make Gran Canaria bus system in Simutrans Extended and made Heigtmap for it and generated map and wanted to save it to a savegame file.
But when I save after Heigtmap is generated app crashes.

Here is Heigtmap that I made for the island.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1wXtqmOB39pYjJVNH5L12wA0yYQmRHehg

jamespetts

I am afraid that I cannot reproduce this on the basis of the information given. Can you be much more precise about exactly the steps necessary reliably to reproduce this crash?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

nuhgl

Quote from: jamespetts on November 19, 2017, 12:30:32 PM
I am afraid that I cannot reproduce this on the basis of the information given. Can you be much more precise about exactly the steps necessary reliably to reproduce this crash?

New map
Load Height Map
Select grand.ppm
Climate Settings
Water Level to -3
Tick No Trees
Untick Lakes
Number of rivers to 0
Number of Cities 0
Median Town Population 0
Number of Industries 0
Public Buildings 0
Use Timeline from Year 2017
Start Game
Height Map generated
Options
Save

It crashes

jamespetts

I am afraid that I still cannot reproduce this: here is the saved game that I produced by following your instructions exactly.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

nuhgl

Quote from: jamespetts on November 19, 2017, 08:43:18 PM
I am afraid that I still cannot reproduce this: here is the saved game that I produced by following your instructions exactly.

Thanks for uploading this save game!  ;D
I thinkI found why it has crashed I emtied save folder in my documents C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\Simutrans\save then now it works as it should.
Save folder had one .7z file and ĎĎ.sve somehow I dont use that type Ď in my keyboard... But deleting these now app doesnt crashes when I want to save or load game.

jamespetts

Interesting. It may be that I will have to look into some of the latest Standard patches in respect of unicode to see whether those will assist in this regard.