News:

Use the "Forum Search"
It may help you to find anything in the forum ;).

[Master] - Crash when using reassign stop tool

Started by Ves, November 19, 2017, 10:24:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ves

When the savegame opens, you will look at a station called "Roxton Junction Railway Station".

Select the "Replace a stop" tool and do the following sequence:

* On the southernmost track, first click on the westernmost tile, then on the easternmost tile. In other words, all schedules which would have the westernmost tile in their schedule will now have the easternmost.
* Now click one tile east of the weasternmost tile to select it, and then click again on the easternmost tile.
* Now do this repeatedly, replace all the stop-tiles of the platform to the easternmost tile, and the game should eventually crash.

https://github.com/VictorErik/saved-games/raw/master/master/crash_when_using_replace_stop_tool.sve

jamespetts

I am having some trouble reproducing this, I am afraid. In particular, I am a little unclear on precisely what you mean by the penultimate step. Can you clarify (perhaps with an annotated screenshot)?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Ves

Sorry my explanations, im not home currently, so I can't show pictures.

What you need to do is using the "replace a stop" tool, and then subsequently "move" all potentially scheduled stoptiles along the platform to the very end of the platform, as if you wanted the last platform tile to be in all line schedules instead of scattered around the platform where you might initially have first placed the scheduled tiles.

In the savegame there is only one line that utilize the station, but that is out of the question.

edit:

Now I have some screenshots to asist:

First, use the "replace a stop" tool to move any (non)-existing scheduled stops from the leftmost tile to the rightmost tile:

Then, repeat for the secondleftmost tile, again the destination is the rightmost tile:

Then again, repeat for the thirdleftmost tile the same procedure:

Repeat this for all tiles on the platform and the game will crash.

jamespetts

Thank you for that: I think that I have managed to fix this. (Oddly, the code necessary to fix this had been written long ago, but commented out for reasons that I cannot now recall). I should be grateful if you could re-test.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Ves