News:

Simutrans Chat Room
Where cool people of Simutrans can meet up.

Accessibility Tikiwiki

Started by Frank, March 25, 2010, 11:24:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank

Quote from: DirrrtyDirk on March 25, 2010, 12:34:14 PM
Frank, could you also check the wiki? I only get a blank screen there...

from Tikiwiki IRC 21-March-2010
Quote...
(15:12:52)<FrankP_german>I have a problem with TW 5; I installed IE8, FF 3.6 and Opera 10.50 : Windows XP Prof.
(15:12:52)<FrankP_german>IE8 -> error HTTP500 : FF 3.6 -> blank window : Opera 10.50 works
(15:12:52)<FrankP_german>http://simutrans-germany.com/wiki/wiki/tiki-index.php?page_ref_id=991
(15:12:52)<FrankP_german>please could someone test it with IE and FF
(15:54:11)<chibaguy>FrankP_german: I tried your link in Windows Firefox 3.6 and IE8. It displays ok although javascript doesn't seem to be working (module and menu folder open/close not working).

is a problem to FF and IE on some machines

Opera, Safari and Chrome works for me

DirrrtyDirk

True, it works on Opera.

But considering which browsers are the most widely spread these days, IE and FF are the ones that should matter - and they need to work, too.

***** PAK128 Dev Team - semi-retired*****

Frank

Quote from: DirrrtyDirk on March 26, 2010, 12:08:48 AM
But considering which browsers are the most widely spread these days, IE and FF are the ones that should matter - and they need to work, too.

That is correct. Only the error is hard to find without detailed error output.

Frank

Tikiwiki IRC 26-March-2010
Quote...
(10:02:41)<coaboa>V5: Again Firefox does not display tiki-index.php but other browsers do... clearing cookys&browsercache solved the issue. so definitely it must be a firefox problem with its cookies.

work around for FF disabled cookies

VS

I can see it now (FF 3.6.2).

edit: That was with cookies and adblock on...

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

DirrrtyDirk

For me personally, disabling Cookies is not a route I'm going to take. I'd be loosing more than I'd gain by that. (=loosing comfort and settings for many sites just to access one site... that's a no go.)

BTW I'm currently using FF 3.5.8 (3.6 didn't work all that well for me, so I stepped back to 3.5).

For the time being, until the problems are fixed (either on Firefox or the wiki) I'll live with the knowledge that I can access it by Opera if I need to. But of course this can't be a permanent solution.

***** PAK128 Dev Team - semi-retired*****

jonasbb

I do not have any problem with the wiki.
FF 3.5.8 on an Ubuntu 9.10.

Also no problem with
FF 3.6 on an Ubuntu 10.04 Beta 1

Frank

Quote from: DirrrtyDirk on March 26, 2010, 12:03:11 PM
For me personally, disabling Cookies is not a route I'm going to take. I'd be loosing more than I'd gain by that. (=loosing comfort and settings for many sites just to access one site... that's a no go.)

FF has Page related settings

You can also disable/enabled cookies only to certain pages.