News:

Simutrans Sites
Know our official sites. Find tools and resources for Simutrans.

invisible trains in tunnels

Started by Vladki, January 14, 2017, 06:50:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vladki

Switch to underground mode and watch an empty tunnel. Wait for a train to enter. You will see only the smoke, but not the train.
If you switch to normal mode and back to underground, while the train is in the tunnel, then you can see the train normally.

jamespetts

Is this the sliced underground mode or the full underground mode?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Vladki

Full undergound, I didn't test with sliced mode though

jamespetts

In which case, I am afraid that I cannot reproduce this, at least not on the single threaded Windows build that I am now running to run certain tests. Are there any particular conditions required to reproduce this?

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Vladki

I have noticed this on the offline copy of  bridgewater-brunel game. There is a long double track tunnel, with several signalboxes over it, where I saw this happened = jsut while I was testing if the rotate bug was fixed.

jamespetts

It is that very saved game that I am using to test - can you give me the co-ordinates of where this occurs?

Vladki

tunnel entrance at 817,1055 near Hadfield city

jamespetts

I see it now with that tunnel. That is exceedingly odd - I am not quite sure what would cause that or where to look to test for it, since I have never (or, at least, I think, hardly ever) looked in any detail at the code for determinng whether vehicle graphics are displayed.

Vladki

jamespetts