News:

Want to praise Simutrans?
Your feedback is important for us ;D.

Bug: Convoy details shows incorrect cargo listing.

Started by DrSuperGood, December 20, 2017, 03:07:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrSuperGood

When one pressed the detail button of a convoy it lists all the components of the convoy as well as what cargo they are carrying. However it appears that not all the cargo a convoy is actually carrying is listed.

Below is a real example from the server. This boat carries 15 Medium (reassigned down from High), 100 Low (reassigned down from Medium) and 100 Very Low (reassigned down from Low).

A boat carrying 185 passengers only lists 86 very low in the details pannel. Looking at various sorting options it appears the other 99 are all in Low holds which details listed all as 0/20.

Looking at the class filter it lists these 99 low passengers as "99/15 (Medium)" which they are not.

The bug seems to be the cargo is not listed properly if in some holds that had their prices changed.

Ves

Did you reassign recently? The list doesn't update properly before after a while, I guess after having all passengers removed.

DrSuperGood

No I have not reassigned recently. The game has been through dozens of save/load cycles since I reassigned.

Ves

DrSuperGood

Was one of the ships on the 195 km line from the central island chain to the east land mass. To compensate for impossible travel times (far too long) I lowered the medium to low and high to medium on that line. However I then found the line overcrowding again due to different impossible travel times (far too short) so wanted to see what holds were being used so I knew what convoys to add to the line however I noticed the convoy details were missing a lot of the cargo that should be mapped to individual holds.

jamespetts

Can I check whether this is still a problem? If it is, I should be grateful for either a saved game in which this can reliably be reproduced, or, if this is on the server game, information as to exactly where this occurs.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

DrSuperGood

Yes it is still is a problem. Most of my long distance lines (not the one running to the north east) on the server suffer from this, specifically the ones that are reported as "overcrowded" and hence highlighted in purple.

jamespetts

Dr. Supergood - thank you for letting me know.

Ves - is this an issue within the remit of the work that you have done on the UI, or do you need me to look into this?

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Ves

It might be. I'm on very limited time currently, so I would be happy with a saved game to check.

jamespetts

Dr. Supergood - can you upload a saved game in which this can reliably be reproduced?

Ves

DrSuperGood, can you still see this behavior? Could you not capture a savegame for me then, so I can look into it?

DrSuperGood

I think this has been fixed. I have not noticed particularly buggy listings for a while now.

jamespetts