News:

SimuTranslator
Make Simutrans speak your language.

Recent posts

Scripting Scenarios and AI / Re: Tutorial scenario reports ...
Last post by Yona-TYT - April 03, 2024, 01:17:46 AM
I'm afraid you are using a very old simutras revision, according to the title bar it is using "r10421".

Screenshot_2024-04-02-21-14-33-690_com.android.chrome-edit.jpg
Game Servers / Re: New Simutrans Public Serve...
Last post by Roboron - April 02, 2024, 09:30:04 PM
Server down, my router died. Waiting for a replacement.
For me, the bug still happens when the pakset is loaded from the program directory. If the pakset is loaded from the user (home) directory, everything works correctly.
Scripting Scenarios and AI / Tutorial scenario reports scri...
Last post by Matthew - April 02, 2024, 07:19:57 PM
Steps to reproduce

1. Install Simutrans with pak128.
2. Load the tutorial scenario.
3. Note that all the tabs of the scenario briefing only contain the word "(null)"
4. Click on a building.

Expected result

The building's Info Window opens.

Actual result

The building's Info Window opens and so does an error window reporting "An error occurred within a script!"

Animated example

Setup
Simutrans 123.0.1 r10421
Steam
Kubuntu 22.04

Notes

I was alerted to this problem by this Reddit post from a new player.

I suspect that the tutorial is supposed to start with some kind of instruction, but it's so long since I've opened it that I'm not certain.

I don't know whether this bug is specific to the Steam version or not; I just happened to have the Steam version installed.

P.S. Nightly not affected?

I tried to reproduce this using the Nightly version provided via Steam, r11101. I could not, but I got a message saying "This Scenario is not compatible with your pakset or version of simutrans."
Bug Reports / Antivirus positive on download...
Last post by Matthew - April 02, 2024, 06:54:14 PM
A Reddit user has reported that the download-paksets.exe was flagged as containing malware by their virus checker.

I am aware that AV programs often produce false positives. And I'm not sure whether this executable is specific to the Steam version or part of Standard itself.

But I am passing the message along in the hope of drawing it to the attention of someone who knows.
Quote from: Ranran(retired) on April 02, 2024, 10:19:44 AMI believe "button_t credits" defined here is not used.
Thanks for spotting, I removed the variable in r1109.
Pak128 / Re: Pak128 cost balance, speed...
Last post by prissi - April 02, 2024, 01:46:52 PM
Fixing a stable pakset is not possible as it would break network compatibility until everyone has loaded the same fixed pakset. Also pak128 stable was too old, it required a lot of other fixes. Especially ships were broken, as you found out too. There were even ships with zero cost.

You can load a game with the nightly pakset. It should work as before, just with a different income.

Your input is still very valuable. However, I am surprised that you are ok with the trains. For me and compared to other paksets, pak128 trains are not very profitable. Especially in the early era, (before 1950) the track maintenance will kill any early networks for me.
Bug Reports / New World and Load Game should...
Last post by prissi - April 02, 2024, 01:38:45 PM
Especially closing a game while the New World window is open will save a game that has never been created.
r11106 fixes this, thnak you.
Good catch, must be there for ages. Also it does not happen with all paksets, only if they do not use the outside graphic for the outside ...

r11106 fixes this.