News:

Simutrans Tools
Know our tools that can help you to create add-ons, install and customize Simutrans.

New board for script development (bugs and extension requests)

Started by Dwachs, September 11, 2016, 04:12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dwachs

I would like to create a sub-board

Script Development

in the development section of the forum. There are currently some requests/reports going on, which would be easier to follow if there is a dedicated board.

The purpose would be (a) bug reporting of scripting, (b) extension requests, and (c) scripting help requests.

Any comments on this?
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

kierongreen

Ters

It is not clear to me if this is for development of and bugs in scripts, or development of and bugs in script related code in Simutrans. So far, I've mostly seen the latter, while the former is what I would find disturbing as a regular developer.

Dwachs

@Ters It is often not so easy to distinguish between bugs in scripts or bugs in the code, in particular for the scripter, who has not much knowledge about the program source code.
Quote from: Ters on September 11, 2016, 05:41:30 PM
It is not clear to me if this is for development of and bugs in scripts, or development of and bugs in script related code in Simutrans. So far, I've mostly seen the latter, while the former is what I would find disturbing as a regular developer.
This is also an argument to split the scripting-related reports into an own board. No matter whether they are bugs of scripts or bugs of the code.

prissi

Dwachs

I would like to have it directly under 'Development'. Any objections?

Ters

Quite the opposite. That means that the icon for patches and projects won't be affected by it.

Dwachs