News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

More transformers in city consume together less power than city needs

Started by jk271, February 13, 2011, 03:34:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jk271

Hello, I am Playing simutrans experimental (simutrans-exp-2011-01-04-f559938) with pak64 (102.2.2).

I have one quite huge city. There is coal power station near the city, so I connected it to the city. There were factories near the city (but outside of city borders) and I connected them to powerstation with powerlines. Everything was OK.

But city grew. Factories and powerstations with transformers are in city borders now. And total demand of all transformers in the city is significantly lower than demand of city. City demands around 880MW. There are 4 or 5 transformers with demand around 50 MW in city borders now (plus 2 transformers, each at one powerstation), so I think, that something is wrong.

P.S. The powerline grid connects more cities are factories and I am writing about the city on the left (the biggest one).

P.S. II. Demand of powerline grid on screenshot is demand of whole network, not only of the city I am writing about.

jamespetts

Can you upload a saved game so that I can test this in the same conditions as you are using? Thank you for the report!
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

jk271

I have uploaded game to
http://www.uschovna.cz/en/package/AV7ZUY6NZS8LX65H

there is a limit of 30 downloads.

P.S. I forgot to mension mention that I am using 32-bit linux version of game.

jamespetts

Can I check - are you running a 32-bit or 64-bit version of Linux?

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

jk271

I am using 32-bit Linux (Debian Squeeze - 6.0 - latest stable) on 32-bit procesor Core Duo)
uname -ra says:
Linux 2.6.32-5-686-bigmem #1 SMP Wed Jan 12 04:40:25 UTC 2011 i686 GNU/Linux
I am sorry, that I didn't mention it in previous message.

P.S. I found out: When I destroy connection between transformer (e. g. near gas station [83,106]) in city and reconnect it to powerline grid, it work fine (but only for this city, other cities lower trie demand)  for a while, until I delete (e.g. on in another city) any powerline tile connected to the grid.

jk271

Quote from: TurfIt on February 13, 2011, 11:04:47 PM
Now this looks terribly familiar... See http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=5136.0

You are right, it is same or similar problem. I am sorry for opening new thread.

P.S. I found out that also cities having only one transformer (and without any factory in city borders) are affected (they demand less power than they state) too.

jamespetts

This should be fixed in 9.3 - do let me know whether you still get this problem.

jk271

jamespetts