News:

The Forum Rules and Guidelines
Our forum has Rules and Guidelines. Please, be kind and read them ;).

"withdraw" for whole line

Started by dantedarkstar, May 14, 2009, 11:28:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dantedarkstar

I found this miraculous "withdraw" button that I found extremely handy
in upgrading bus linies. I don't know when it appeared, but I always were sending all buses to depot and then had to wait till they arrived to sell them. In meantime sending off a wave of new, shiny buses as replacement.
Anyway, now I just have to set all buses to "withdraw" and can send out new ones immediately. However, I found it still a bit tiresome to click on each bus in the Line and then on Details and finally on "withdraw".
I was wondering... would it be possible to put two buttons for the Line interface: "withdraw all" and "cancel withdraw" ?
"Withdraw all" would just issue "withdraw" to all convoi in the Line, while "Cancel withdraw" would cancel all such orders within convoi of given line. The first would GREATLY speed up replacement of lines consisting of many buses - just "withdraw all", go to depot create new one, assign line and copy, then set loose. The second would be just in case you accidentally pushed "withdraw all"... you know, these things happen :)
Links+Tutorial: Make heightmap of any part of world !
http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=2210.0

jamespetts

Although not exactly what you are requesting, Simutrans-Experimental (see the link in my signature) has the automatic vehicle replacing tool, which you might find even easier.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

dantedarkstar

Ok ! I think I heard enough about simutrans-experimental. I'm checking it out  ;D

I always wished for some "upgrade" thing, but concluded that "withdraw all" would be easiest to code, so that's why I proposed that. Anyway, when I get home form work, I'll try the experimental one.
Links+Tutorial: Make heightmap of any part of world !
http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=2210.0

jamespetts

Do! Let me know what you think.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

prissi

THe withdraw all is on my todolist, since the replacing faces imho too many unresolvable problem with different vehicle length and pak sets.

jamespetts

Prissi,

can you elaborate on what you mean by different vehicle lengths here? I am not sure what problem to which you are referring...

prissi

Replace convoi 1 by convoi 2 and forget that there is a station only with length 4 ... moreover matching capacities mean, that faster replacements need only fewer consists. Same for increased capacity. Thus sending out consists manually is imho better.

jamespetts

Hmm, my view is that it is a matter for the player to decide whether replacing each convoy individually is easier or harder than attempting to avoid mis-remembering station length.

gerw

Prissi, your posts are hard to read, if you replace "convoy" by "consist" ;)

If you replace a convoy manually by an other one, you can also forget the max. station length. And if you replace all convoys in a line one-by-one, you have to adjust the number of convoys, too. Imho these aren't counterarguments to the new replacement dialogue.

I think, we should continue this discussion in the replacement thread...