News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

Waiting bay

Started by AK, April 25, 2017, 07:36:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AK

Hello,

Sim 120.2.2 - Pak128 2.6
I want to make a waiting bay for my trains.
I can do it using pre-station with 1 tiles platforms and platform choose signals,but if samwill appears near station i will have problem.
Is there a way to make this simpler ? 

If A-track (shortest) is closed(red) then go to B-track (waiting bay) or even C-track if A and B are closed.

Regards

Vladki

Choose signal will not let a train to go to a platform that is shorter than the train

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Ters

Simutrans doesn't really have any way of doing this. I usually have trains waiting in line if necessary, which means one track in the waiting area per line if there are multiple lines loading a full load at a particular station (also dedicated platforms). It might occasionally give warnings about stuck trains, but if that is the normal situation, you simply have too many trains. My waiting areas are simply a safety feature to ensure the waiting trains don't block up the main lines if something unforeseen happens, when the simpler solution of just having more platforms at the station itself becomes too complicated for some reason (although I have used a bit of both at times). Only in one situation have I used a dummy station as a waiting area due to there being too little room for either of the other solutions. I had no problem keeping that station away from other industries, even more so for compatible industries. Even if that was a problem, I would just have used passenger platforms, since only freight trains wait.

AK

Thanks for tips guys!

@Vladki
Very important information.
@Ters
Pax platform is very good idea I will use it in future,but unfortunately my current station is undeground.
I have no problem with too many trains.It's public hub where I pick-up 3 different cargos (2 are set to full load) and delivery can be irregular.

You gave me few new ideas.If they will work I can post here pictures (on external hosting) if somebody is interested.

Regards