When we using `-load net:` option to connect server, simutrans do not compare pakfiles and client with invalid pakfiles can access to server.
Yes, fully intended. Same if you type net:server-ip into the load game dialog.
ok, I understand that client with invalid pakset is intended.
But I think there should be a warning debug message of pakset differences.
The pakset are not compared during loading at all. Loading just downloads the game. Paksets comparison is only done in the server frame, who calls the loading.
Only if there are missing objects in the loaded game, you get a warning. So the loading routine would need to query the pakset from the server first.
The commandline option is heavily used to test servers, and a pakset comparison before for each object would take long, and would require extra code. I would say this is some of the advanced possibilities of SImutrans than needs to be used with care.
Maybe one could get a connect command line option, that only conncets if everything is ok.