A new version of Simutrans-Experimental is available to-day: Simutrans 111.2.1 Experimental 10.24. See here (http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=1894.0) for more information on how to download, install and set up the latest version. For those already familiar with the installation and setup, here are some quick links:
- Windows binaries (http://bridgewater-brunel.me.uk/downloads/Simutrans-Experimental.zip)
- Linux binaries(i386) To follow
- Linux binaries(x64) To follow
- Mac OSX binaries Not presently available
- Linux server binaries with nettool (x64) (http://bridgewater-brunel.me.uk/downloads/linux-x64-server-binaries.tar)
- Configuration files (https://github.com/downloads/jamespetts/simutrans-experimental/simutrans-experimental-config.zip)
Note that the Windows binaries contain the Windows version of the no-graphics server, Makeobj and Nettool.
This is a bugfix release to fix a number of issues that have been identified since the last week. See here (http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=10730.0) for information on the 10.12 release, which was a very substantial upgrade on the previous 10.11 release. See here (http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=11343) for information on the previous bugfix release, 10.22.
I have included the version compiled with IPv4 only in the Windows binaries, as some users were reporting frequent desyncs when using Windows XP in 10.4.
A full list of changes follows. Changes since 10.23
Feedback and testing
- FIX: Ware packets were not merged unless they were identical in size, resulting in far too many packets, probably substantially impairing performance.
- FIX: world view position of news window for new monument (from Standard)
- FIX: new capacity could have been 0 leading to crashes (from Standard)
- CHANGE: Use more colors to show height levels in minimap (from Standard)
- FIX: Floating point arithmetic was used in certain parts of the city growth code, which might have lead to occasional desyncs when played online.
- FIX: Various potential bugs that might cause crashes as a direct or indirect consequence of deleting ground tiles
- FIX: Crash on removing signs/signals in some cases
- FIX: Very old buildings in a long game would appear as permanent building sites.
Thanks also to all those who have tested Simutrans-Experimental and provided useful feedback: it is very much appreciated. Any feedback from this version would, as ever, also be very much appreciated, including (1) the new features introduced in 10.12 (braking physics, Carl's new timing/spacing features, the elevated way restrictions, underground station and signal restrictions); (2) online play (see here (http://servers.experimental.simutrans.org/list) for a list of Simutrans-Experimental servers); (3) general bug reports; (4) information as to how well-balanced that the game is; (5) any difference in approach/strategy needed for Simutrans-Experimental as over Simutrans-Standard; and (6) any other useful feedback.
I shall bid people good playing, and look forward to any feedback! Note
This topic is locked, as it is intended to serve as an announcement. To report a bug or otherwise give feedback, please start a new thread for each
bug/topic. To ask a question about how to obtain Simutrans-Experimental, use this (http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=1894.0) thread.