A new version of Simutrans-Experimental is available to-day: Simutrans 112.3 Experimental 11.1. See here (http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=1894.0) for more information on how to download, install and set up the latest version. For those already familiar with the installation and setup, here are some quick links:
- Windows binaries (http://bridgewater-brunel.me.uk/downloads/Simutrans-Experimental.zip)
- Linux binaries (i386) - To follow
- Linux binaries (x64) - To follow
- Mac OSX binaries - To follow
- Linux server binaries (x64) (http://bridgewater-brunel.me.uk/downloads/linux-x64-server-binaries.tar)
- Configuration files (http://bridgewater-brunel.me.uk/downloads/simutrans-experimental-config.zip) New for this version (text files only)
Note that the Windows binaries contain the Windows version of the no-graphics server, Makeobj and Nettool, and the Linux server binary contains the Linux version of Nettool.
This is a minor bug fixing release, and now includes the Windows command line server version, which now works. The last major release was Simutrans-Experimental 11.0 (http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=12138), which contained significant enhancements over the previous version. The configuration files are also updated so as to contain the latest set of translation texts downloaded from Simutranslator.
A full list of changes follows. Changes since 11.0
Feedback and testing
- FIX: Compile errors on some platforms.
- FIX: The Windows command line server application crashed on startup. (Dwachs - from Standard)
- FIX: Interest did not register in cash flow
- FIX: Multiple serious bugs in factory placement code. (Neroden)
- CODE: Change the build target in GCC from "sim" to "simutrans-experimental"
- FIX: Trains unreserved track before the rear of the train had cleared the section.
- FIX: Goods disappear from stations/stops/docks in some cases. (with assistance from Neroden)
- FIX: Respect min_factory_spacing, rather than using the number "6" (Neroden)
- FIX: Remove spurious addition of 1 to the level of city buildings when reloading in some cases.
- FIX: endless waiting before long block signals direct in front of stations (Prissi - from Standard)
- FIX: initialize offsets with dummy values for COLOUR_DEPTH==0 (Dwachs - from Standard)
- FIX: use delete_node to delete stale besch's (Dwachs - from Standard)
- FIX: crash building powerline bridge up cliff (TurfIt - from Standard)
- FIX: no crash on broken tunnels (Prissi - from Standard)
- FIX crash on with 64bit pointers (Dwachs - from Standard)
- FIX: Crash on display of factory window in some cases when loading a game with a slightly different pakset.
Thanks also to all those who have tested Simutrans-Experimental and provided useful feedback: it is very much appreciated. Any feedback from this version would, as ever, also be very much appreciated, including (1) the new features introduced in 11.0 (see here (http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=12138.msg119807#msg119807)); (2) online play (see here (http://servers.experimental.simutrans.org/list) for a list of Simutrans-Experimental servers); (3) general bug reports; (4) information as to how well-balanced that the game is; (5) any difference in approach/strategy needed for Simutrans-Experimental as over Simutrans-Standard; and (6) any other useful feedback.
I should also be grateful for feedback on how the performance of this version compares to recent previous versions (10.27 and earlier).
I shall bid people good playing, and look forward to any feedback! Note
This topic is locked, as it is intended to serve as an announcement. To report a bug or otherwise give feedback, please start a new thread for each
bug/topic. To ask a question about how to obtain Simutrans-Experimental, use this (http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=1894.0) thread.