A new version of Simutrans-Experimental is available to-day: Simutrans 112.3 Experimental 11.8. See here (http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=1894.0) for more information on how to download, install and set up the latest version. For those already familiar with the installation and setup, here are some quick links:
- Windows binaries (http://bridgewater-brunel.me.uk/downloads/Simutrans-Experimental.zip)
- Linux binaries (i386) (http://www.43-1.org/~simutrans/simutrans-exp/i386/simutrans-exp-2013-08-23-df755b1)
- Linux binaries (x64) (http://www.43-1.org/~simutrans/simutrans-exp/amd64/simutrans-exp-2013-08-23-df755b1)
- Mac OSX binaries (64-bit) (http://simutrans-germany.com/files/upload/simutrans-experimental.11.8.zip)
- Linux server binaries (x64) (http://bridgewater-brunel.me.uk/downloads/linux-x64-server-binaries.tar)
- Configuration files (http://bridgewater-brunel.me.uk/downloads/simutrans-experimental-config.zip)
: Added links to Linux and Mac binaries
Note that the Windows binaries contain the Windows version of the no-graphics server, Makeobj and Nettool, and the Linux server binary contains the Linux version of Nettool.
This is a minor bug fixing release to address some of the issues identified since the release of 11.6. Thanks to all those who have posted bug reports. The last major release was Simutrans-Experimental 11.0 (http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=12138), which contained significant enhancements over the previous version. Note
: There is a known issue with this version: joining online games through the in-game GUI is currently not working due to issues communicating with the announce server. To join an online game, go to the load game dialogue, and type "net:[ADDRESS]" where "ADDRESS" is the name or IP address of the server: for example, net:bridgewater-brunel.me.uk
A full list of changes follows. Changes since 11.7
Feedback and testing
- FIX: Title bar shows the incorrect version number
- FIX: Convoys would sometimes become stuck at stop.
- FIX: Some timing data incorrectly recalculated repeatedly
- FIX: City cars start accelerating to full speed as soon as they spawn.
- CHANGE: Bridges follow the same rules as elevated ways about the maximum permissible level of buildings beneath them.
- FIX: Bridge weight limits would be ignored in some cases.
- FIX: Possible crashes relating to removal of factories. (Phil)
- CHANGE: Update the credits
Thanks also to all those who have played Simutrans-Experimental and provided feedback, bug reports and the like: it is very much appreciated. Any feedback from this version would, as ever, also be very much appreciated, including (1) the new features introduced in 11.0 (see here (http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=12138.msg119807#msg119807)); (2) online play (see here (http://servers.experimental.simutrans.org/list) for a list of Simutrans-Experimental servers); (3) general bug reports; (4) information as to how well-balanced that the game is; (5) any difference in approach/strategy needed for Simutrans-Experimental as over Simutrans-Standard; and (6) any other useful feedback.
I shall bid people good playing, and look forward to any feedback! Note
This topic is locked, as it is intended to serve as an announcement. To report a bug or otherwise give feedback, please start a new thread for each
bug/topic. To ask a question about how to obtain Simutrans-Experimental, use this (http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=1894.0) thread.