A new version of Simutrans-Experimental is available to-day: Simutrans 112.3 Experimental 11.14. See here (http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=1894.0) for more information on how to download, install and set up the latest version. For those already familiar with the installation and setup, here are some quick links:
- Windows binaries (http://bridgewater-brunel.me.uk/downloads/Simutrans-Experimental.zip)
- Linux binaries (i386) - Not available at present (Linux build server down)
- Linux binaries (x64) - Not available at present (Linux build server down)
- Mac OS X binaries (64-bit) (http://simutrans-germany.com/files/upload/simutrans-experimental-11.14.zip)
- Linux server binaries (x64) (http://bridgewater-brunel.me.uk/downloads/linux-x64-server-binaries.tar)
- Configuration files (http://bridgewater-brunel.me.uk/downloads/simutrans-experimental-config.zip)
: Added link to the Mac OS X binaries (thanks to M. Collett).
Note that the Windows binaries contain the Windows version of the no-graphics server, Makeobj and Nettool, and the Linux server binary contains the Linux version of Nettool. The Windows version contains both 32-bit and 64-bit binaries: the only discernible advantage of using the 64-bit binaries, however, is that they will allow one to use a game so large that the amount of memory would exceed the limit for 32-bit programmes (circa 2Gb). From version 11.12 onwards, the correct .dll files for 64-bit use have been included in the .zip files, and there is a 64-bit version of the Windows command line server executable.
This is a bug fix and usability enhancement release to address some of the issues identified since the release of 11.13. Thanks to all those who have posted bug reports, and to those who have contributed fixes. The last major release was Simutrans-Experimental 11.0 (http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=12138), which contained significant enhancements over the previous version.
A full list of changes follows. Changes since 11.13
Feedback and testing
- FIX: Occasional crash on changing seasons
- FIX: Integer overflow in the path explorer causing routing anomalies
- NOTE: The above is only a partial fix. A full fix will require changing all journey times from 16 bit to 32 bit integers, which is best left to a major version.
- FIX: Did not always properly detect anomalous point to point journey timings with the result that inaccurate data (sometimes of zero time routes) were saved.
- CHANGE: Passengers, mail and goods are now loaded on vehicles in the order in which they arrived at a stop (as in a 'bus queue).
- CHANGE: Passengers' maximum waiting time is no longer limited to thrice their estimated journey time, and behaves like the waiting time of all other types of load.
Thanks also to all those who have played Simutrans-Experimental and provided feedback, bug reports and the like: it is very much appreciated. Any feedback from this version would, as ever, also be very much appreciated, including (1) the new features introduced in 11.0 (see here (http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=12138.msg119807#msg119807)); (2) online play (see here (http://servers.experimental.simutrans.org/list) for a list of Simutrans-Experimental servers); (3) general bug reports; (4) information as to how well-balanced that the game is; (5) any difference in approach/strategy needed for Simutrans-Experimental as over Simutrans-Standard; (6) any issues specific to the Windows 64-bit version; and (7) any other useful feedback.
I shall bid people good playing, and look forward to any feedback! Note
This topic is locked, as it is intended to serve as an announcement. To report a bug or otherwise give feedback, please start a new thread for each
bug/topic. To ask a question about how to obtain Simutrans-Experimental, use this (http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=1894.0) thread.