Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 10
I agree. Giving an option would be so useful.
I am going to work on reviewing data structure and some translation/GUI stuff.

1. When you open the map window, it would be more informative if navigational rivers were shown in a different shade/s of blue than streams etc.  More important if you are starting a game in 1750+. When you need to plan canal /river networks.

I have found a way to show this in the map window.

Select "Weight Limit" - navigable rivers are shown in red.  :)
Simutrans Help Center / Re: Optimizing cargo chaings
« Last post by Leartin on Today at 09:26:28 AM »
I agree. There should be some kind of mechanic that benefits a steady flow and punishes use of oversized vehicles. Just having low input storage does that, and should achieve it. The problem really is that currently, the behaviour seems like it's bugged, and the player does not know how to fix it or does not like the solution of 'just using smaller vehicles'. Perhaps somehow, a 'steady flow' could become important in other applications (I proposed in-station-stores as the flavour coverup), so the player would be more aware of that concept.
Just watching it sounds interesting! nice job!
Pak64 Add-ons and Graphics / Third Rail add-on
« Last post by TenukiSharyo on Today at 08:19:28 AM »
Hello everyone. Thank you very much for using add-on which I made.
This time I‘ll introduce new addons using a new thread.


ThirdRailSet vol.A (

This add-on is a catenary line that "Third rail" can be reproduced in pak64.
It is recommended for subway and suburban railway.

To create these add-ons, I referred to the add-on created by dora and H.Yagami.
With this place I say, thank you.

Simutrans Help Center / Re: Optimizing cargo chaings
« Last post by Vladki on Today at 07:46:48 AM »
I think that the intention was to motivate (force) players to use appropriately sized convoys for supplies. Even in real life, gas stations are supplied by trucks. If even the truck has bigger capacity than the gas station input, then you have to use one truck to supply more gas stations. JIT2 is good for that too.

Simutrans Help Center / Re: Optimizing cargo chaings
« Last post by Ters on Today at 06:46:20 AM »
I rarely deliver gasoline by train directly to gas stations (or most city industries). Trains unload at a freight terminal, and one or two trucks take it from there. Early on there might be even a bit more trucks, as they have lower capacity. Sometimes, a greater distance, or multiple nearby gas stations, mandates more trucks as well.

(There are three reasons for this. 1: A typical train station looks huge compared to a gas station. 2: Gas stations don't usually have stations in real life. 3: I might have to demolish lots of stuff to get to the gas station, unless I "cheat" with underground or elevated railroads, the latter of which can look stupid by itself in interaction, or rather lack of, with buildings.)
[FR]Français (French) / Re: Matériel Belge - SMBS
« Last post by Lieven on Yesterday at 11:10:59 PM »
Les Voitures I6 sont sur le site, j'ai juste un problème avec le texte défilant de la SNFOS, le lien ne fonctionne pas, il ne donne sur rien alors que j'ai mis la bonne URL... Tu peut m'aider Gauthier ? Je m'occupe de la page en anglais demain ;)
Pak128.Britain-Ex / Re: Passenger rates
« Last post by jamespetts on Yesterday at 11:06:27 PM »
I spent some considerable time yesterday evening working on this issue. Whilst there is much that will need the passenger-and-mail classes branch of both pakset and code to get right, there are also substantial changes to settings based on the work that I undertook last night that will be the default in the new version of the pakset when the passenger-and-mail classes branch is integrated with the master branch and released which you can apply now to improve the passenger generation. Indeed, you will need to do this manually in any event, even after upgrading to the next version, if you want these changes to affect your existing saved games, as settings are always saved with the game.

To change settings in an existing game, load the game and press the "i" key. You will be presented with the advanced settings dialogue. Be careful changing these settings, as they are intended for advanced users and can cause problems in your game if you make an erroneous change. However, there are three specific settings that you should change to obtain the benefit of the improved passenger generation calibration that will be in the next version.

When the advanced settings dialogue opens, select the "Extended" tab, and then select the "Passengers" sub-tab. Change the very top setting, "passenger_trips_per_month_hundredths" from 60 to 156. Next, a little further down in the same list, change commuting_trip_chance_percent from 67 to 20. Finally, in the first table, change the second row under the column "journey time tolerance min. min" (the row being marked "visiting") from 3 to 8.

These settings should give something approximating the calibration that will be achieved when the new version is released.
I still have not been able to reproduce your crash, but I have fixed several bugs that might have caused a crash. The fixes should be available in the next nightly build.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 10