Author Topic: Trains getting stuck, number of trains equal number of stations  (Read 1520 times)

bahner

Trains getting stuck, number of trains equal number of stations
« on: October 28, 2014, 04:43:18 PM »
Hi.
Please help me a little regarding trains.

I have a train connection, simply a round course. Only one direction, no crossings, connecting all citys.
This track has 5 stations and no signals.

When I order 4 trains they work but on one station the trains always have to wait for clearance. The continue when the train at the next station is finished.

Question 1: How can I tell the train to continue immediately? No waiting for clearance for the next free train station but start even the next train wasnt even there?

When I order 5 trains they always get stuck. The next station is never free then.
Question 2: How can I get 5 or more trains with 5 train stations to work?

pak128, newest version

Offline Ters

• Coder/patcher
  • Devotee
  • Helpful: 108
  • Languages: EN, NO
Re: Trains getting stuck, number of trains equal number of stations
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2014, 04:54:47 PM »
You need to look into signals. From your description of things, regular signals should be all you need. Even old tutorials should cover them.

Offline gauthier

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2014, 06:19:19 PM »
You need to look into signals. From your description of things, regular signals should be all you need. Even old tutorials should cover them.
indeed, look here.

Offline DrSuperGood

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2014, 07:54:58 PM »
I would advise placing simple stop signals with a spacing of twice the maximum convoy length around the track. The issue you have is that all signalling blocks are occupied so the one train must wait for a free block. With 5 trains your line will deadlock as no blocks are free ever. With the appropriate signalling spacing you could get 10 or maybe even 20 trains on the same line.

bahner

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2014, 08:49:08 AM »
This was it, thank you :)