News:

Do you need help?
Simutrans Wiki Manual can help you to play and extend Simutrans. In 9 languages.

Feature request: 'delete stop' and 'delete sign/signal' tools

Started by freddyhayward, December 28, 2020, 03:34:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

freddyhayward

Sometimes one wishes to remove a station platform, for example, but accidentally removes the signal there, costing 2500c to remove and another 2500 to place back again.
Other times, one wishes to remove a bus stop, but clicking it with the delete tool removes a pedestrian or private car. In frustration, one clicks repeatedly, and accidentally removes not only all the private cars and pedestrians, but the stop, a road sign and the road itself. Ditto when trying to remove a sign on a busy street.
These two tools would make these processes so much smoother and easier. I am not very experienced in adding tools. Hopefully ranran or someone else is willing to implement it, but if not, I will.

jamespetts

This would certainly be a useful addition in principle if someone is willing to code it and produce button graphics for it.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Ranran(retired)

Quote from: freddyhayward on December 28, 2020, 03:34:16 AMHopefully ranran or someone else is willing to implement it, but if not, I will.
Unfortunately I don't think I have time to do it in the near future as it is less relevant to the work I'm doing now. There are a number of GUIs that haven't been updated yet...

And I think this is also useful in the standard. It may be possible to avoid confusion of tool numbers in advance.
ひめしという日本人が開発者達の助言を無視して自分好みの機能をextendedに"強引に"実装し、
コードをぐちゃぐちゃにしてメンテナンスを困難にし(とりわけ道路と建物関連)、
挙句にバグを大量に埋め込み、それを知らんぷりして放置し(隠居するなどと言って)別のところに逃げ隠れて自分のフォーク(OTRP)は開発を続けている
その事実と彼の無責任さに日本人プレイヤーは目を向けるべき。らんらんはそれでやる気をなくした(´・ω・`)
他人の振り見て我が振り直せ。ひめしのようにならないために、らんらんが生み出したバグや問題は自分で修正しなくちゃね(´・ω・`)

prissi

Ranran(retired)

I happened to catch sight of this thread again. The tools to remove the signal were provided by standard. However, to make it available, you need to create an icon and update menuconf.tab.
Also, a removal button has been added to the signal info dialog. It is now possible to safely remove a signal from a tile by pressing it.
However, sign is not subject to these and your wishes are only partially fulfilled.

Ranran(retired)

Quote from: Ranran on May 22, 2022, 02:36:12 AMI happened to catch sight of this thread again. The tools to remove the signal were provided by standard. However, to make it available, you need to create an icon and update menuconf.tab.
Also, a removal button has been added to the signal info dialog. It is now possible to safely remove a signal from a tile by pressing it.
However, sign is not subject to these and your wishes are only partially fulfilled.
Unfortunately, I found the remove signal button seems to be a bit broken at the moment.