News:

Do you need help?
Simutrans Wiki Manual can help you to play and extend Simutrans. In 9 languages.

Name the depot

Started by Ranran(retired), July 01, 2022, 06:23:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ranran(retired)

This is a sort of extension request.

I've tried to implement a depot naming feature before, but it's unfortunately unachievable.
However, while investigating the function of extended ver 15, I came to the conviction that if this function is available, the playability will be further improved.

Ex ver. 15.0 will give players more opportunities to be aware of the home depot.
Having a descriptive name for this home depot makes it easier to manage. There is no doubt that it is easier to recognize than the coordinates or building name.
For example, it may be difficult to know which depot the use home depot in the replace dialog points to. It is easier to understand when a unique depot name is also listed here.

There are also some UI improvement ideas for Home Depot.
- Filter the schedule selector with home depot
- Filter the line list with home depot
  For example, many bus lines can be grouped by the home depot.
- Filter the convoy list with home depot

Of course, the depot list will also make it easier to find the target. It will also be possible to sort by depot name.

These filters can be useful when managing depot overhaul or maintenance capacity. At this time, if there is a unique depot name to identify which depot it is, it will be easier for the player to grasp things.

Placing the name input on the depot dialog or building window is not difficult.
However, it was difficult for me to create a text data area for the depot name. (´・ω・`)

If James or someone else can help with that, those features may move towards implementation.
ひめしという日本人が開発者達の助言を無視して自分好みの機能をextendedに"強引に"実装し、
コードをぐちゃぐちゃにしてメンテナンスを困難にし(とりわけ道路と建物関連)、
挙句にバグを大量に埋め込み、それを知らんぷりして放置し(隠居するなどと言って)別のところに逃げ隠れて自分のフォーク(OTRP)は開発を続けている
その事実と彼の無責任さに日本人プレイヤーは目を向けるべき。らんらんはそれでやる気をなくした(´・ω・`)
他人の振り見て我が振り直せ。ひめしのようにならないために、らんらんが生み出したバグや問題は自分で修正しなくちゃね(´・ω・`)

jamespetts

I have added some code for this in the 15.x branch. I have left the UI implementation of this to you. As a result of that, I have not been able to test this, so please let me know whether this works satisfactorily. Thank you.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Ranran(retired)

Quote from: jamespetts on July 03, 2022, 02:59:53 PMI have added some code for this in the 15.x branch. I have left the UI implementation of this to you. As a result of that, I have not been able to test this, so please let me know whether this works satisfactorily. Thank you.
Thank you for your help. I was able to get it to work with small modifications.
And a name sort has been added to the depot list. Also added the home depot sort to the convoy list.
It is in the overhaul branch of the depot dialog and the replace dialog. Note, however, that those dialogs are still in the process of being refurbished. Some features have not been restored.
ひめしという日本人が開発者達の助言を無視して自分好みの機能をextendedに"強引に"実装し、
コードをぐちゃぐちゃにしてメンテナンスを困難にし(とりわけ道路と建物関連)、
挙句にバグを大量に埋め込み、それを知らんぷりして放置し(隠居するなどと言って)別のところに逃げ隠れて自分のフォーク(OTRP)は開発を続けている
その事実と彼の無責任さに日本人プレイヤーは目を向けるべき。らんらんはそれでやる気をなくした(´・ω・`)
他人の振り見て我が振り直せ。ひめしのようにならないために、らんらんが生み出したバグや問題は自分で修正しなくちゃね(´・ω・`)