News:

Simutrans Sites
Know our official sites. Find tools and resources for Simutrans.

How to create an assimetric area for a building ?

Started by mEGa, June 12, 2012, 05:59:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mEGa

Hi community,

I try to create an curiosity pak wich is on 2x6 tiles since a long time. At each time I don't because only one sight is cutted right and anothers are wrong.
more questions :
- Finally is it possible ?
- Is it possible with Tilecutter and how can I do ?
- How can I do by directly coding in dat file ?

Thankx for your feedback and my apologizes if questions were already post on this forum (I did not find them...)

joined file is an example... A coincidence with the last graphic SMSC contest ? Lol ;-)

http://www.simutrans-france.fr.nf/lib/exe/fetch.php?media=fr:mini_central_park.zip
Current projects in progress : improvements of few designed french paks

mEGa

Sorry, but I find myself a solution :
use last version of tilecutter 0.61 at the day !
position of rectangle area change with each cardinal direction !
Great ! I could purpose a big attractive park soon.

Dwachs

You could also try to create kind of Arc de Triomphe: A 3x1 attraction or monument, where the center tile is empty, so that a street can be build through the arc.

I would love to see something like this in-game. However my graphical skills are close to zero. I would rather like to sort out bugs that may come up with such an unusual shaped building.
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

VS

I did some extensive testing on squared paper :) The "draw over space in the middle" trick starts to really work with buildings that are 3x3, since most of the covering happens with BackImage of frontmost tile (closest to screen).

Dwachs -> Once the ZenoCrane is finished, you could try making it buildable over an existing station ;) Not sure if this is easy or generally desired for buildings with holes? (The currently available pak has swapped rotations, so don't test with that.)

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

Fabio

@Dwachs:

I would really like to paint this kind of building, one day.
My problem is: what if a house gets build inside it instead of a road?

Dwachs

Quote from: VS on July 03, 2012, 02:05:53 PM
I did some extensive testing on squared paper :) The "draw over space in the middle" trick starts to really work with buildings that are 3x3, since most of the covering happens with BackImage of frontmost tile (closest to screen).
Would 3x1 not work? Maybe if the graphic is pak-ed with double-size graphics to allow overlap of the back image to the left / right ?

Quote from: Fabio on July 03, 2012, 02:49:02 PM
My problem is: what if a house gets build inside it instead of a road?
One could add code that a road is build inside once such a monument is erected.

Another monument involving streets would be 3x3 with only the corner tiles filled with statues of noble man of simutrans history ...
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

Fabio

1) my idea was the interesting polytechnic college of Turin, with two skybridges crossing the newly built boulevard:

2) if inside roads would automatically be built, many factories (like my electronics plant) could be updated so that they have an internal courtyard, where the player could build his loading bay.

mEGa

Fine !
I want to try create this kind of building. For exemple a gaz station(and restroom) area for highway with 2 sides at the same pak and a footbridge pedestrian above ways.

greenling

Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!