News:

Simutrans Chat Room
Where cool people of Simutrans can meet up.

devoloping new industry chain for tulips

Started by Magic_Gorter, December 16, 2008, 04:26:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magic_Gorter

I'm just started my first (little project). On the dutch forumsection we were talking about making a Dutch PAK. For that PAK we try to come up with some new industry chains.

One of them is:

Tulips (from farm) -> public sale ->flowershop.

I now want to know if my first attempt is looking ok to you. I still must make the farm (the building) complete.So please look at it and give some comment.

vilvoh

Colorfull... but I would add even more colors, like in this photo. One thing, If you just want to test the tulip field with a building, perhaps you may use PVMN farm.

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

Magic_Gorter

It's funny. I used the same photo you mentioned to start with. I will try to get more colors in it. At least red and mayby orange.

Erik

You can also make bigger fields. Then have you much more possibility's.

Perhaps would it a nice idea to make it as the grainfarms.
It began as a small farm and when you use it, they will grow bigger.

VS

Until the whole map is covered in tulips! You may want to be, err, conservative with production per field.

Patrick's farm:
http://www.simutrans-germany.com/files/upload/!factories.zip

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

wipi35

Quote from: Magic_Gorter on December 16, 2008, 04:26:42 PM
Tulips (from farm) -> public sale ->flowershop.
Compared to other industrychains this one is rather simple. (Like oil --> powerplant). It is more challenging to deliver various related products to some kind of a plant/flowerdealer and from there to a supermarket. (Most supermarkets sell plants and flowers nowadays)

Magic_Gorter

You're right wipi35 about making it more challenging. I will think about it and perhaps somebody has a good suggestion.
Perhaps something like: cley to a pottery-> vases ->flower dealer and then together with tulips to supermarket.

Thanks VS for the idea and the link. I saw you're cottonfields and from that idea I started mine.

Magic_Gorter

It's a nearly a month ago since I started with this topic but painting/creating my first industry (tulipfarm) is almost done.
I like to hear what you think of it. It's still missing snow...instead of those pictures I have added my first attempts of the buildings without shades (the lowest building).

The tractor is made by PatrickN. and the fields (seccond and third) are made/based on cottonfield painting from VS.

When making the dat file I will make the tulipfields start small (max 4 or 5 fields) and allow it to grow (20-30 fields).

[attachment deleted by admin]

vilvoh

The roof from the first house looks really good, but imho the ilumination in first and third rotations is not correct (South and North) In Simutrans, the sun comes by South so in those cases the roof light should be the other way round. Considering south as front, the front face should be bright and the side faces shoul be dark. In spite of that, good work... do you have any in game screenshots?

P.S: You've also done a great work with the fields.

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

Combuijs

Nice addition! When it's ready I'll add it to my playing pak!

Are we going to get a clog factory as well ?  ;D
Bob Marley: No woman, no cry

Programmer: No user, no bugs

VS

Nice :) The one thing I like is the different architecture.

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

Magic_Gorter

I have no screenshot ready. Have some trouble making the pak file work. Give me some time and a will post it...

MMmmmm wooden shoes..... you'll never know. But first I want this one finished....

VS....it's typicall dutch (I see those buildings a lot in my area of Holland)... if someday there will be made a dutch pak the architecture should be right and not to have changed after deciding to make it.

Erik

Funny. Since a few weeks I had look at this topic this morning. There was no new messages. Now the progress has just started up again.
But OK.

Lovely the first version of the farm has been nearly finished. So I cann't wait til I can try it.

Has you alreaddy a .dat file?

Magic_Gorter

I have a dat file but somehow when making a pak file it isn't using the .png file as it should. But I will give it a try again the next hour....

Edit:
Removed winter images from dat file. After that I got it into simutrans.
Here is the screenshot:
upper left: night
left: winter with snow on fields
lower left: winter without snow
upper right: spring
right: summer
lower right: fall

Spike

VS

I can't wait to see it with 20 fields or so!

Magic_Gorter

Please have patience. At the moment I have not much time to paint due to work etc. So painting the next building will take me some days/weeks I think.... But I am still developing the industry chain....

Spike

Take your time. Rome wasn't build in one day either, neither was Simutrans. But I want to say, I like this idea way more than nuclear power plants, or military addons. It's a nice and peaceful addon, which I appreciate very much.

Magic_Gorter

Thanks Hajo. I take my time...I never painted before so it is not easy to paint very fast..but after painting some buildings I discovered some tricks to paint a little easier.

the almighty snark

If you want to i could photograph some tulip farms in the area, i live in the middle of the bollenstreek(bulbregion).

Magic_Gorter

Quote from: the almighty snark on March 07, 2009, 08:06:56 PM
If you want to i could photograph some tulip farms in the area, i live in the middle of the bollenstreek(bulbregion).

You might do it, but I still don't know if I will use them. But thanks anyway.