News:

Use the "Forum Search"
It may help you to find anything in the forum ;).

Finding correct sequence in downloading from Japanese forum pages

Started by JackVerheydt, April 24, 2012, 03:38:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackVerheydt

Can anyone tell me what the correct sequence is (open? extract? something else?) in getting the beautiful objects (Trains, trucks, ships, planes, buildings, skyscrapers etc.) downloaded to my pak folder from the Japanese forum (many pages, trains alone now take 13) so as to show up in  one of the depots of, for instance, version 110.0.1, enabling one to actually access, buy and use these vehicles and other objects? Nothing is said about it. It used to be just click and save, but something seems to have changed, and I don't know Japanese. After clicking on the title in the right hand column next to the illustrations, no sequence or order in trying the various menu choices seems to work. One may get Extraction Succeeded for instance, but nothing shows up in the pak folder one has made sure to direct the item  to. If I can only get the "move to" by accident it sometimes works, but I don't know how to get that on purpose. Thanks heaps in advance. It would enable me to make regional vehicle variations in, for instance,  Combuys' Europe 1960. Donquixote.
Don Quixote.

greenling

JackVerheydt
The Addon for the Japanese Simutrans Fan´s be need a Specially learning process to the use.
Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!

ӔO

I think there was a slight change in the way add-ons are supposed to be placed within the pakset folders.

Before, you just placed the *.pak file into the pakset folder.
My Sketchup open project sources
various projects rolled up: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17111233/Roll_up.rar

Colour safe chart:

moca_matari

Do you want to download & extract pak files from JPNforumPages?
Then,should do just below;
1:Click on the link [filename.zip] in the right hand column on downloadPages.
(pf; http://japanese.simutrans.com/index.php?%A5%A2%A5%C9%A5%AA%A5%F3
note:Remenber the filename of [filename.zip] you chosed !

2:Download start  instantly to your default download folder.
Then It finished,find [filename.zip] in that folder and extract it.

3:when it extracted,there is  generated folder named " simutrans " in same folder for [filename.zip],
and some files and " pak " folder in this.

4:Copy *.pak files from in this pak folder  to your pak folder (in the simtrans folder) that you play .

5:Start simutrans ,and enjoy IT!

JackVerheydt

Konnichiwa Moca Matari-san:
Domo arigato gozeimashita for your e-mail. (This is more or less the only Japanese I know). First of all, I wish to apologize for letting you wait more than a month for my reply, but I have been hospitalized, and when I got home I immediately started trying to make your instructions work. Unfortunately, I am still unable to make the beautiful graphics from the Japanese forum pages show up in my depots, so that I still cannot click on them to buy and use them in my simulations. Things used to be much easier; I never had any trouble with the ships and planes, and many of the other vehicles. Something must have changed. When I click on the name in the right hand column (the Boeing B747 set 400 for several livery types for instance, in the Aircaft page), I get a menu asking me if I want to save or open this item. I do not really know what's the difference, except that when you say "open"you get a new menu and a line gradually filling with blocks, and then a yellow Simutrans folder icon in the right hand column, plus a few yellow icons in the left hand column, one of which says "Pak". When you click on that, you get a list of 17 Pak-file icons for the different airline liveries in the right hand column, which you highlight and then "extract" from the top bar, after which you get a message that the archive is missing. Okay, we go back to "Save". We now get a brown cube icon, meaning that it has to be extracted some more. We try that, and again get a bar filling with blue blocks, and a message saying that it is a ZIP archive. Nothing further happens, not even the usual "Extraction has been successful"). I have tried all kinds of sequences including yours, but the graphics simply do not show up in my depots. In the past I never had any trouble with any of the trains, ships and planes, but something must have been changed to make it very complicated now; also the use of LZH and 7-Z programs makes it more complicated..
It would be very nice if I could get a complete foolder containing all the Japanese PAK-files, so that I could just copy those I choose into the PAK-folder I am using with my simulation in version 110-0-1 (I tried to download 111-2-2, but could not get the right PAK-folder from Source Forge, which kept interfering with questionnaires and all sorts of other things, so I gave up).
If you or somebody else has the time, I would be very grateful if I could get such a PAK-folder. Now, I am just wasting week after week trying to get all the Japanese trains (not subways), locomotives, trucks, buses and buildings into my PAK-folders from somewhere. I even thought of writing our local graphics expert Yoshi, but I do not think he would want to be bothered or have time for it. I like the Japanese graphics very much, and would love to use them. It would also help (now that there are hundreds of PAK-files and more every day) if someone would make a cross reference index showing all PAK files, possibly with an extra column for their pictures, and one to indicate where the original can be found.. One could then find one of the hundreds pretty fast (many of them are simply identified, not by a name, but by letters and numbers, such as JNR###, making it much harder. With different PAK folders from different countries, I can foresee where in the future it is going to be almost impossible to find any color locomotive, wagon, tram, or bus in any color. I am already having trouble with that, aggravated by the fact that some vehicles can be found in only a few depots, and not in others. (WHY, by the way ?) Ships are easily recognizable, so no problem. Planes are still easy, too, but the other vehicles can take a lot of time to find in any depot, even when the type and color you are looking for are known... Or if they are found, they are underlined in red for no reason, as they have never been used yet..... I don't understand the logic in this, either. I think each depot should have a similar number and type of vehicle available.
Another problem is that the tutorials do not waste any time on explaining most of the values you have to fill in in many places. For instance, "fill in a value between 0 and ####" (a very large number) without any indication of what the different values do. It seems to me that the tutorials are written by insiders for insiders, not for amateurs with little computer knowledge like me, for whom it is all guesswork, particularly for those whose English is poor. Since I could not find a profile for you, as you are "only" a guest, I have to use this way, instead of a personal e-mail. Now I am going to bore a lot of those people who understand all about Simutrans (mostly young teenagers) Me, I am an 81 year old semi-invalid, and Simutrans is my addiction.... All my other computer games (more than 100) have been collecting dust on my shelves since long ago......
I wish you and your family good health, and hope that you do not live near Sendai or the surrounding badly suffering Prefecture. I watch the Japanese-English TV channel NHK almost every day (to try and learn a little more Japanese), and have seen the horrible pictures of the tsunami. We think of the Japanese often. This week, a lot of debris from the tsunami is washing up on our West-American and Alaskan coasts. It is mostly small stuff, but there was even a big dry dock. I wonder if it will all be returned to Japan, as it should.
Sorry that I am so stupid in this Simutrans stuff, and have to ask for your help once again, or if you do not have time, somebody else. A page at a time would even be wonderful. Sayonara, Moca Matari-san, and all the best. Jack (j.verheydt@yahoo.com).
Don Quixote.