News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

Office Towers

Started by Fabio, December 28, 2011, 04:34:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fabio

After the residential set, I'm working on a few office towers in order to create vertical clusters in our cities.

Here the first preview (a few variations of the same model):

greenling

Fabio
super photo and a cool working.
Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!

mEGa

Hi
good first drawings ;)
IMHO, could you offer more spaces between buildings ?
Current projects in progress : improvements of few designed french paks

prissi

Personally I think those are very generic and could have been from them 8 bit era, sorry. Alex from the pak96 forum had made a nice tutorial in german, about how the blue sky and even clouds are visible in a facade, how now all windows should be exactly the same style, details on the roof, logos, and so on

Fabio

Prissi I think you're right. I'm not too pleased eithe. Unfortunayely I wanted to use partly night light at those windows. Well, just an experiment...

sdog

well, boring and generic is exactly as it looks in real life...
it is fine as a background, some less generic buildings in-between would make it interessting again.

i quite like how fabio changes the face of the pak. it now is very distinctively different frompak64. the latter looks more toy like, pak128 seems to aim for a more realistic look now. i quite like both.

Isaac Eiland-Hall

I think it might work if these are pretty rare - I think they are maybe too simple to have too many of them - but a few might be nice. :)

VS

I can see this as a potentially good project, but these are simply too plain... same... It's hard to find the right word, but prissi pretty much nailed it with "8-bit", the reduced palette is just too much. Some richness is missing.

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

missingpiece

Quote from: prissi on December 28, 2011, 09:30:13 PM
Alex from the pak96 forum had made a nice tutorial in german, about how the blue sky and even clouds are visible in a facade [...]
Sounds like a very nice detail to be added to office tower models ! Then again, looking "down" onto the houses, I do not understand how sky reflections could appear on the facades. In this tutorial I found he is talking about giving windows slightly different shades to make the appeal more lively and suggest differently light interiors -- that is still a very good observation and gives convincing results.

YuriCrispiOld

Are these possible to download? These look really neat!