News:

SimuTranslator
Make Simutrans speak your language.

no over crowding

Started by Roads, August 04, 2012, 10:35:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roads

Has anyone used or can talk about this from simuconf.tab?

# do not create goods/passenger/mail when the only route is over an overcrowded stop
no_routing_over_overcrowded = 0

I want to turn this on and yes I know just set it to 1.  What I'm wondering about is the effects other than what appears obvious.  Also wondering if the change will take effect on a loaded save game?

Combuijs

This is the default setting for pak64.german, so yes I've encountered it.

"What I'm wondering about is the effects other than what appears obvious"

I don't know what you think is obvious.  ;D

Problem for me was that it is hard to find out why there are unhappy passengers. If this setting is off, then you get unhappy passengers in case the station is overcrowded when they are created. If this setting is on, then you get unhappy passengers in case the starting station or the transfer stations are overcrowded when they are created (don't know about the ending station). In the last case it is very hard to see why the passengers are unhappy because you don't know where they were going to in the first place. In the end I turned it off.

Anyway, it might have a huge effect on a loaded save game when some stations are overcrowded.
Bob Marley: No woman, no cry

Programmer: No user, no bugs

Roads

Well, Combuijs, you managed to tell me some stuff that was not obvious, at least to me. :)

If I try it, I'll know to expand my over crowded stations first.  The problem I'm having, and it not a huge problem, is whenever the engine adds a new curiosity, it floods the host city and those connecting it with traffic.  This would be okay if that traffic stabilized and it does somewhat eventually, but even that is often sporadic.  There are other times this happens as well.  Sometimes passengers decide they no longer want to go through Jolly Alice to get to Davidson, they all want to go through Johnstown.  I'm thinking this might help both situations.