News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

Building description spills over into other strings

Started by Fraoch, July 25, 2012, 03:50:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fraoch

OK, now after a false bug report I made earlier today, this one is real and verified, I promise. :)

Simutrans 111.3 r5774, pak128 2.1.0, Ubuntu 12.04.

There are a few buildings whose descriptions spill over into their listing (in the Message Centre) and any stops made nearby that were supposed to automatically contain their name.  Lists also contain this error.

I have spotted:

Greenhouse - instead of reading "greenhouse" the listing reads "Green-This greenhouse used to be a regular shop.  But after reality." (which, interestingly, is not quite the description at the end)

Lighthouse - reads "LightSince lighthouses have been"

Old manor (I think) - reads "OldThis combination of gothic"

See attached screenshot.

Dwachs

There need to be \n in the translation of these strings...
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

prissi

Or more specific:

"House title\n\nDecription text"

For pak64 I think I found them all.

VS

Sounds like a pak128 task for me, then?

I'll look into this in September.

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

Ters

Things like this suggest that the building title and building description should be two different strings.

prissi

Yes and no: Keeping books of the different strings would require a lot of modifications of the simutranslator. ANd display them seperately sound like a recipe for divergint title and descriptions.

Ters

True, but relying on translators to remember not just one, but two \n at the correct place, will fail again and again.

VS

This might be a dumb question, but... why can't the list use only part up to first \n ? Searching for \n\n seems redundant. Is there some hidden technical reason?

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

prissi

All \n are removed to make a blockquote of the text. Also to allow long description like "The very haunted house\nof the later Earl Cloud\n\n ..."

kierongreen

prissi

But the \n\n was already there for lot of translations. It would break a lots of existing strings.