News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

Request: timetabling and Wackdone's patch

Started by greenling, August 09, 2012, 04:11:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greenling

James it Posible to build in a Patch from Wackdone in Simutrans Exp?
http://forum.japanese.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=511.msg2636#msg2636
http://forum.japanese.simutrans.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=511.0;attach=637
I have be test it and i find it be usefull.

Mod note: This topic has been split from the discussion of the release candidate here.
Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!

jamespetts

Greenling - I don't understand what you mean, I'm afraid. What do you mean by "build in a patch from" here?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Junna

Quote from: jamespetts on August 09, 2012, 08:17:30 PM
Greenling - I don't understand what you mean, I'm afraid. What do you mean by "build in a patch from" here?

I'm not sure what greenling means, but links to a page discussing some sort of timetabling/spacing patch and a link to said patch from what I can gather. At the risk of speaking in someone's mouth, perhaps he/she is asking if something can be implemented from this?

kierongreen

I thought experimental had timetabling/spacing in already anyway though...

jamespetts

We do indeed have an element of timing and spacing. Full timetabling would be too fiddly, I think.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

greenling

The Timeing of Vehicles to a timetable in Simuntrans EXp it hard to use.
By the patch of Wackdone it the setting of a timetable lighter.
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)

jamespetts

Hmm - that looks more more complicated, not simpler, than the system currently in Experimental; but this is a very large topic and not really directly related to the release candidate. The topic will be split.

Edit: I should be interested in people's views on this rather expansive topic, however.

Junna

I'm not entirely sure I understand how it works, but I do like its depth and detail with the time-calculation. I am sure something could be learned from it, it might be an interesting feature to add (as an optional thing).

jamespetts

I worry that all but hard-core users might find it offputting, especially if playing in a multiplayer game where some users use it to gain an advantage that can only be gained by using it, forcing players to use it in order to compete even if they find it tiresome.

Junna

Quote from: jamespetts on August 09, 2012, 11:16:52 PM
I worry that all but hard-core users might find it offputting, especially if playing in a multiplayer game where some users use it to gain an advantage that can only be gained by using it, forcing players to use it in order to compete even if they find it tiresome.

I struggle to think of a situation where this could be so beneficial as to imbalance a multiplayer game; but, should it be so, perhaps it could be fixed with a feature it to be disabled upon game-creation by the host/server?

Carl

On first glance this looks even more fiddly than simply using convoy spacing + offset to yield a similar result -- which is slightly fiddly, but perfectly do-able with current versions of Experimental. It's already possible to create a makeshift "timetable" with these features, though you won't be able to display it in the UI quite like that.

greenling

For All they have problems with the Patch!
I make a Video how to use the Idea from Wackdone!
Video under development!