News:

Want to praise Simutrans?
Your feedback is important for us ;D.

Paper Transport

Started by vres, December 20, 2008, 02:02:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vres

Hi there,
I am newbie in Simutrans, but I like it. However, after reading lot of manuals I am not able to solve the following problem.
I need to transport paper by train and I think I need special vehicle (according to manual) to load it. Unfortunately I do not have any suitable vehicle in depo to do it and cant find any addon.
I am using Simutrans 1.00 with pak128_1-4-3-1pre_0-100-0.

Thanks for any help.

VS

Paper is in 128 piece good, so anything for that (category 01).

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

vres

I tried it previously and I tried it again. Does not help.
I am using RVg box car, for 26 pieces piece goods. Cargo should go from Paper mill (it is fully loaded by paper), train station has freight train stop. Receiving factory is Printing works and it is has not any goods - my last problem with loading - consumer full of load.

Thanks for help

Combuijs

Quotetrain station has freight train stop

Both stations need to be goods-enabled. Did you do that?
Bob Marley: No woman, no cry

Programmer: No user, no bugs

vres

What do you mean by that? Both stations should be capable to handle cargo - both have Freight Train Stop and "cargo icon" in details. Station at Printing works is already handling cargo - chemicals from Rafinery.

Thanks

DirrrtyDirk

Yes, that's what he meant.

Does this particular paper mill have a contract with this particular printer?

***** PAK128 Dev Team - semi-retired*****

vres

vres

Here comes the screesnhot. I really do not know what I have to do.

DirrrtyDirk

1.) Please don't double-post within 24h. Instead, just edit your last post when nobody else has posted in between.

2.) I can't read anything on the screenshot. Could you upload it full sized on http://files.simutrans-germany.com and link it here?

EDIT: Maybe the savegame would be even better.

vres

What double post do you mean? I posted today, 1h ago for the first time, anyway I apologize for any inconvenience.
Link to the picture: http://www.simutrans-germany.com/files/upload/simscr00.png

EDIT: and here is the Savegame. I do not know exactly the file structure of the Simutrans so I hope the .sve file will be enough even I am using addon chart.
http://www.simutrans-germany.com/files/upload/Paper%20Transport%20problem.sve

I really appreciate all your effort and the time to help me. Thank you very much

DirrrtyDirk

What I meant is that you made two posts in this thread. One right behind the other (and nobody else posting in between). That's called a double post here - and if it is done with less than ~24h between the two, it is against the forum rules. The correct procedure (instead of creating that second new post) is to simply edit the first post and to just add your new stuff to that.

It's not that bad, but we'd like people to get into the habit from the beginning.

Back to topic:

Ok, I don't see any problem on the screenshot right away... so i guess I'd need the savegame itself.

VS

Are you sure the train goes to the other station? Because the good listed don't show paper... but I'm grasping at straws, everything else seems right :o

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

DirrrtyDirk

Quote from: vres on December 20, 2008, 03:42:56 PM
EDIT: and here is the Savegame. I do not know exactly the file structure of the Simutrans so I hope the .sve file will be enough even I am using addon chart.

Ah addons... :( that makes things a little more complicated I fear. Without knowing (and having) the addons you used, we cannot load the .sve file. Just tried - didn't work.

Quote from: vres on December 20, 2008, 03:42:56 PM
I really appreciate all your effort and the time to help me. Thank you very much

As long as you don't p**s us off, no problem :D
Nah, we try to help when we can - after all, everyone was new to this game once.

EDIT:

Ah wait, got it to load!

vres

Oki, I think the only addon I am actually using is the chart so if you are still willing to help me, here it comes :
http://www.simutrans-germany.com/files/upload/map_cz.zip

DirrrtyDirk

No, you apparently used some non-standard stations as well.

But, I could load the game with a nightly version of ST anyway (one of the many things prissi and the dev team worked on, I think. Well done, guys!)

After loading the game here (although the addon stations tiles you used simply disappeared), the paper is being loaded onto the train normally. And once I rebuilt the stations to the train's length (i.e. putting some station tiles back where the ones from your addons were removed) it even got loaded 100% - and then drove off to the printer. No problem here...

vres

OK, great it is working on your computer. But what would you recommend me to do? ;-)
Could you give me the names of the original stations, so I can use them to rebuild that station? It is interesting that I used exactly the same station for another kinds of cargo and goods and everything is working except that paper.

DirrrtyDirk

I can hardly imagine that this is caused by these stations (especially not since they seemed to work for you so far).

I think the more important change is the program version. To be able to load your savegame successfully with v100.0, I'd need all the addons you used in that game (the mapfile itself is not needed however) - or even a zip of your complete pak128 folder. Nevertheless, I was able to load it with a newer (nightly) version of ST, since apparently there was some work done that allows loading savegames even when objects are missing.

But of course there have been many other things added (and bugs fixed) in between, too - and think that's the point here.

So, right now my guess is that it's one the bugs of v100.0 that got corrected in the nighlies. Because your setup appears to work just fine - in other words: can't find any mistakes of yours.

vres

I installed newest nightly version and the problem persist.
Here are addons I am using in 128 pak: http://www.simutrans-germany.com/files/upload/addon.zip
You are right, there are some train stations
BTW is not the error that in details of the Paper Mill Stations is not stated that Printing works are receiving paper?

DirrrtyDirk

Yes, with these addons I can also load your game in 100.0 and guess what: the train is loaded immediately and leaves for the printer's place.

I don't know what you do different (I haven't made a single change in the game - just loaded it, and boom! the train starts going.)

vres

Arghh, you are right. I quited Simutrans, start it, load it and it is working. I am now feeling like complete fool. So much time, effort and the solution is like that...
Anyway thanks very much and sorry for your time. Have a nice evening and merry christmass sir

DirrrtyDirk

Quote from: vres on December 20, 2008, 05:22:09 PM
Have a nice evening and merry christmass sir

You, too - and play some more simutrans!  ;)