News:

Simutrans Sites
Know our official sites. Find tools and resources for Simutrans.

Traffic Light Variations

Started by Bub, August 21, 2012, 02:50:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bub

I live in the United States, and here there many different ways to install a traffic light at an intersection, for example, there is the low-to-the-ground pedestal lights currently used in Simutrans. There are cantilever poles which hang over an intersection with either a pedestal in the ground or several bolts implanted into concrete. Also, there are wire hung traffic lights which are either anchored to tall buildings diagonal from each other, or by tall poles diagonal from each other.

greenling

Bubi Have be look on the Traffic light.
Yes it possible to make Vaiations of Traffic Lights.
Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!

Ters

This is just graphics in Simutrans, so this is up to each pak set, or for pak set addons. Someone just needs to draw it.

Bub

Has anyone made these variations yet?

Ters

I don't know. There are many pak sets and even more addons. Others might have more insight into the this diversity though.

sdog

Only greenling could possibly answer such a question. When is the pak-archaeologist office open?

The both of you might have a rather fruitful discussion, perhaps you might want to exchange email addresses.

Vonjo

It would be nice if there is something like a 'traffic barrier'. It functions like a traffic light, but with a barrier, just like a railroad crossing. I don't know why it's never existed in real world. I just tired with people who keep running their car even when the light turns red.

ojii

Quote from: Vonjo on August 22, 2012, 12:17:25 PM
It would be nice if there is something like a 'traffic barrier'. It functions like a traffic light, but with a barrier, just like a railroad crossing. I don't know why it's never existed in real world. I just tired with people who keep running their car even when the light turns red.

I guess the reasons it doesn't exist IRL are that they would be awefully slow, also police cars/firetrucks etc that CAN run red lights couldn't do it anymore.

Bub

Would cantilever traffic light poles or wire hung traffic lights effect tall vehicles going under a traffic light?

Vonjo

Quote from: ojii on August 22, 2012, 02:27:38 PM
I guess the reasons it doesn't exist IRL are that they would be awefully slow, also police cars/firetrucks etc that CAN run red lights couldn't do it anymore.
Ah you are right. Thanks. I didn't think that before. ;)

Quote from: Bub on August 24, 2012, 01:18:25 PM
Would cantilever traffic light poles or wire hung traffic lights effect tall vehicles going under a traffic light?
The traffic light builders must have thought about that.
there is rarely any road vehicle higher than 4 m high. So just build it around 4.5 m high. It can be lower on the road where truck can't pass.