News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

Depot filters and vehicle groups

Started by The Hood, August 25, 2012, 09:52:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Hood

I'm thinking about ways to control depot clutter - it's becoming a problem in pak128.Britain with trains. I had the following idea, which would work in a similar vein to the depot filter which has recently been added to the depot dialogue box.

It would be great to assign vehicles to certain groups (via an entry in the dat file), e.g. the LNER A4 "Mallard" loco would be in the "LNER" group and the "express passenger" group. A filter in the depot dialogue would filter the view to just these vehicles. This would allow players to find the vehicles they want much more quickly.

greenling

The hood
i find that a sort after introyear and month be usefull it.
Ot : i get a madeness by Sourceforge.net and the TortoiseSVN.
Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!

isidoro

@The Hood: it is certainly true that with so many vehicles, it is very difficult to take the good decisions.  And it is even worse when you turn timeline off...

As I have pointed out some time ago, maybe a better solution would be a sort of spreadsheet interface with sortable columns with or without your ideas of groups...