News:

Simutrans Forum Archive
A complete record of the old Simutrans Forum.

[Solved] Having a station which some train passes it and some train stop there

Started by Sholong, September 03, 2012, 11:52:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sholong

I am playing Simutrans Experimental 10.11 with Pak128.Britain-Ex-0.8.3 (newest stable version), but I think this problem may happen in those Standard version either. If it is Experimental exclusive problem, please help moving this post to the suitable board.  :P

I am building a train station, as you can see in the picture. There are both passenger train and cargo train passing through the station, while only the former one are scheduled to make a stop here. For the cargo trains (BLUE ARROW), I tried to build a side-way track for them to pass whenever the platform is having a passenger train parked. So, I set a way-point there as you can see. And, the cargo trains passes the side-way instead of the platform as expected.

However, problem occurs when the passenger train approach. Representing by the YELLOW ARROW, the passenger train approach the lower platform from the right with a S-shape unrealistic and time-consuming route; which is quite different from my expected GREEN ARROW route. The happen everytime a passenger train approach the station from the right, with and without any train parking on any of the platform.

Not sure if I am using a wrong combination of signals, may anyone help me with the design of the station to achieve my original target??

ӔO

I would double check that you don't accidentally have the same waypoint set and also double check that the rail is not using something too light for the locomotives. It looks like the trains are skipping over just one tile to get to the platform, so I would suspect the rail on that skipped tile is too light. Where that second green arrow is from the right.
My Sketchup open project sources
various projects rolled up: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17111233/Roll_up.rar

Colour safe chart:

Superxpdude

The issue I can see is with a signal that I've marked in an attached image.

Train signals act as one-way signals if you click them multiple times so that the signal only faces one direction. Just put it as a two-way signal and it should work fine.

Sholong

Thanks for your replies. I took a look at the line schedule and every tile of the tracks and none of them seems to be causing the problem. I also tried to change the one-way standard signal to a two-way signal, but the change seems having no effect on how every trains approach and leave the station.

Any chance this can be a bug, maybe?

ӔO

My Sketchup open project sources
various projects rolled up: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17111233/Roll_up.rar

Colour safe chart:

merry

I suggest that your passenger train's schedule refers only to the centre road (the right or top-left to bottom-right direction) platform.
Check the exact co-ordinates of the stop, and find this square on the map.
This could be a result of telling the trains to 'mirror schedule'; I never use this for rail vehicles as I find it too unreliable. It would definitely explain the route taken.

Sholong

Well, I don't really understand which tile you are referring....  :-[

But you reminded me to try different tile for the schedule. And finally, I fixed the problem by setting the schedule to the left-most and bottom-most tile as the stop.

Mirror schedule sometimes causes trouble but I am too lazy to manually set a full schedule lacking the Replicate Backwards button  :P

Thanks for all your help.  :D